Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anybody on here from Vancouver Island? or The Mainland?

Omega88 ยท 2012-04-01 19:34

Just curious, who you work for, what they're like to work for. Any perks(i.e. company truck, fairly new gear to run)

Replies2
  1. #1dirt.diva2012-04-06 12:16

    I am from that area. I work for Ledcor in the Civil Mining & Infrastructure division. I've been with them for over 5 years now and really enjoy the company. Pay is fairly good, benefits are decent and the equipment is usually kept in good order although it varies from site to site.

  2. #2bull durham2012-04-23 17:17

    Used to be a tipper driver worked on the freeway construction . Lived in Coquitlam , Van . He had a Dodge (Ithink ) Ute with a jack leg caravan body on the back - lived on his drive . He worked 3 days away, and his wife loaded the back with beer , fishing rods etc , and when he got home they would take off for 3 days camping . Always thought that was a good way to order your life !