Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anybody with an old Clark Michigan loader or bayonet style fuel cap please help.

Hardlyworking ยท 2023-01-31 12:03

I have an old Clark Michigan "shovel loader" tag inside says 45ag or something like that but from all the Google pics I can find it appears to be a 35a, anyways It's missing the fuel cap so I'm trying to find a new one but can't find anything on the internet that fits and the local tractor supply place to me are idiots and won't even look they need part numbers... So does anybody with this loader or a bayonet style fuel cap that is about 2" neck and about 2-1/2" wide at the barbs have a part # or know a place I can order one online, needs to be vented. Also if anybody has one of these loaders and changed the fuel gauge sending unit what did you use? That's also missing so another hole I need to plug... Thanks for any help.

Replies8
  1. #1Acecadet2023-01-31 12:43

    Filler neck supply should be able to help narrow down a cap size for that. As for a sender, I would guess it is a standard 240-33 ohm sender, just have to figure out the depth.

  2. #2Welder Dave2023-02-01 00:49

    Measure the width and Stant or another brand should have something. Probably needs to be a vented cap. An industrial supply should have fuel caps.

  3. #3Coaldust2023-02-01 02:22

    What is the diameter of the fill neck?

  4. #456wrench2023-02-01 09:27

    If you know the tank depth, you should be able to get an adjustable length sender that will work from Stewart-Warner

  5. #5gggraham2023-02-01 10:15

    Have you tried Minnpar?

  6. #6Welder Dave2023-02-01 19:48

    OEM or Minnpar will be a lot more expensive. I bought a Fuel sender for a Champion grader at a discounted price of $225 from a place that specializes in them. It was a Stewart Warner. It was the last one they had and for a deep tank. It still didn't reach the bottom. I should have checked with some industrial supply places after I saw what it was but was worried I wouldn't find one because at least the Champion number was discontinued.

  7. #7crane operator2023-02-01 20:09

    https://www.fillernecksupply.com/industrial-and-machine-bayonet-quarter-turn-filler-necks-caps/

  8. #8Clyde Hathaway2023-02-06 17:27

    There are several on eBay with measurements in the description