To hang on the back of an excavator to run a disc mulcher, 40 gpm or so. Or have a suggestion on a diy project page like this on the web? Thanks. I have a Case CX130 , 27K lb. Thanks
I have often thought of changing the existing engine for a higher hp model then adding a transmission pump between it and the existing pumps. This way it would keep the machine within its original size and avoiding the long tail swing in tight areas and associated problems with the swing drive.
Interesting, but I have to keep this thing intact. Dont want another large yard art item.
It's basically what Supertrak do Supertrak® - Forestry Mulcher, Land Clearing, Vegetation Mgt - Machines Forestry mulcher machines for land clearing, vegetation management and right-of-way maintenance www.supertrak.com
I have a complete 4.3 chevy v6 tbi that I think would be good for this.
Ok - If you do this you have to post pics.
@treemuncher did what you are thinking about, but on a larger scale. Bigger engine, bigger excavator, bigger mulcher.
This will be low budget
That would be plenty of motor for 40 gpm. There are plenty of formulas for cooling, hose size etc. Deciding how you wanted to control it would be the only part that might be a bit of a challenge but I’m sure there’s a hyd engineer somewhere who can sort it out easy enough.