Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone ever try these?

DIYDAVE · 2020-05-16 07:18

Saw it first in farm show magazine...

Replies7
  1. #1Rob Gunn2020-05-19 16:06

    I haven't seen this but I guess if its cheap enough and your working with a downed machine that you need NOW I guess I would give it a try. I find it hard to believe it would last very long but I could be wrong.

  2. #2John C.2020-05-19 18:30

    All seemed to be low pressures and loads. I've also seen some kind of sealing stuff you put in the tires that will seal off a leak as soon as it happens.

  3. #3LN Pipeline2020-05-19 22:18

    Most are probably familiar with these: I haven’t had many failures. Use them on everything from four wheelers to pickup trucks, to heavy equipment. A lot have lasted the life of the tire. I’ve used multiple plugs in larger holes, but I doubt they could fix that large “L” shaped hole.

  4. #4Old Doug2020-05-20 21:30

    I had a pare of glass belted tire i got used one had a patch on the side wall outside i used them on the rear of my pickup till they wore out. I was mowing CRP and cut a almost new outside dual. We booted the inside and put a patch on the 3 inch long slit that was between the lugs and it stayed until the tire was worn out. I wouldnt see why it wouldnt work.

  5. #5Welder Dave2020-05-22 15:17

    I remember being in a Case dealer and they had some Galaxy skid steer tires with a sticky type liner in them that would seal punctures. I think it was similar to this. http://www.yournexttire.com/tire-flat-proofer/

  6. #6highwayghost2020-05-22 16:22

    Never tried the video repair. But I have used the type in the link below on larger cuts and punctures with good results. Down side, is they install like a patch from the inside, so tire needs to come off. https://www.bowessealfast.com/c-167-lead-wire-inserts.aspx

  7. #7Bill Edwards2020-05-22 17:33

    I struggle to see the type shown in the video lasting long under a lot of working conditions. I certainly couldn't trust it to do any more than get home. Clearly it all has to be clean and dry and the bit I found surprising was that it says 1 hour to dry? That's a long time, if there's a compressor to hand there's not many tyres I can't patch properly from the inside within an hour and I hardly do any these days which means I'm not even in practice.