Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone familiar with Danfoss Plus+1 control modules?

csthompson12 ยท 2024-12-18 22:23

I have one in a Prinoth tracked vehicle that controls the hydraulic functions. Hydraulic joystick and buttons are not working. The module has a red LED on and also a rapid blinking green LED. Just wondering if anyone has had to trouble shoot these..

Replies3
  1. #1treemuncher2025-01-07 07:41

    Did you ever get your issues resolved? I have a +1 system in my Lamtrac. I can access many inputs and outputs of the hydraulic system through the monitor. That still did not help me figure out why my #2 spool quit working - the one that had been intermitent during start up operations. But, I was able to verify joystick signals were headed down the line via the monitor so I knew that the problem was in the valve bank. Likely dirt or a sticky spool, maybe a bad controller. The entire valve bank got a good cleaning and all new orings yesterday. I will see if it works after re-install later today.

  2. #2csthompson122025-01-09 12:39

    Not yet... I was going to use this pin out guide to try and diagnose it as bad or not. Danfoss +1

  3. #3treemuncher2025-01-17 22:04

    If you are not aware of it, each canbus valve controller has an LED indicator light that will illuminate when each controller is activated. The safety switches will have to be closed before signal is sent to the valve controllers. The clear dome within the red circle is the LED. It will illuminate green if signal and operation is good. After a complete tear-down and replacement of all o-rings in the valve body sections, my #2 spool was not still not working. The valve assembly had a slow leak and #2 had been having intermittent problems. Testing #2 showed no LED on the valve controller. I knew the joystick signal was good via the outputs menu list on the main display - the signal appeared on the screen when the joystick function was moved. I plugged in an extra controller and it lit green when the joystick was moved - proved to be viable. 10 minute, 4 bolt change out with minimal fluid loss. #2 controller now working. If you need to change out any o-rings between the valve bodies or electronic/manual control covers, they are nothing more that a few sizes of o-rings. Even the oddly shaped o-ring in the first pic is nothing more that a round o-ring dropped into the cavity and held in with the nubs and channels. It may not look clean in this pic but parts were assembled completely immaculate.