Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone has electric schematic plans for a Grove TMS 300 ? (outriggers not working intermitted)

joer00 ยท 2025-10-06 17:21

My outriggers intermitted do not work. If this happens NONE works. In my parts manual I only see a wire harness but no electric schematic. As non works, I assume it must be a loos ground somewhere as this is the only common wire ? Anybody has the electric diagram or had a similar issue before ?

Replies6
  1. #1crane operator2025-10-06 17:51

    I would bet that its at the buttons/ directional switch at the upstairs control panel. You're going to have to get it when its not working, pull the screws out and lift the panel with the switch and button's out so you can check on the back side for voltage. Usually the extend retract switch goes out, which would make none of the outriggers work. If it was just one, its the pushbutton switch. I've never had the lower solenoids downstairs go out on those older groves. Occasionally you can have troubles with the directional, but I would start upstairs, if the switch is good, check for voltage coming through to the directional and coils downstairs, its possible to have a wire pulled off in the swivel. At the age of the machine, don't get really rammy pulling wire panels off, checking things, because the wires can get brittle.

  2. #2joer002025-10-06 18:16

    Yeah, this was my plan for tomorrow. Good idea with the swivel, I assume this is covered so I would need to remove some cover to get to it ? A visual as a first step would be a good idea

  3. #3joer002025-10-06 18:47

    @crane operator I found the P2 and P3 Manuals online, but not P1. Do you have it by chance ? View attachment 348769

  4. #4joer002025-10-07 11:34

    I am measuring only 11 volts at the going in to the outrigger switches. Are the solenoids 12 volt and not 24?

  5. #5crane operator2025-10-07 16:45

    Should be 12v unless it's a military or European 2man cab version

  6. #6joer002025-10-07 18:24

    Yeah thanks , i got it working after replacing the switch