So I found a backhoe for my 310 and I need to run the hydraulics and had a few questions if anyone has access to a Case 310F crawler/backhoe. My manual shows a hard line ran for the in and out hydraulics to the back of the dozer for hooking up to the backhoe. I was hoping to get a few pics of how it was ran and where it exited and was bent, etc. Also what the power beyond fitting looks like on this model. My manual just shows a 90 deg fitting attached to the loader control assembly. Here is a pic of what my manual shows. #34 is the supply to the backhoe, and #36 is the 90 deg fitting that I thought was supposed to be a power beyond fitting. The parts manual describes it as a 90 deg elbow (3/4" JIC x 1"JIC) So I am confused if the power beyond in made in the valve body itself, or if that is a special fitting? The part number for it is D25135 but I can't find any info on it. I also cant find where to source #65. It is a 1"x1"x1" JIC tee but its not your ordinary tee. Its like a "corner" type tee. The book calls it a lateral tee. I remember running into a thread on how to make steel lines, but my searches lead to nothing. Maybe someone has it bookmarked? And where is the best place to buy hydraulic tubing? I believe its a 3/4" tube but the manual doesn't call out for a size. That is another thing I am hoping someone with a 310 backhoe can answer for me. I wish I could find a 310 that someone is parting out because I also need the backhoe mounting arms which look like this:
Is this model a rare unit? Kinda thinking my chances are slim to none to find what I need.
I don't know if I've ever been close to a 310F, but I can help with some of your questions. "Power beyond" is usually just a port in the valve body that is plugged until you need it. Some steel lines are unavailable from Case for equipment made in the '90s. Steel lines can be replaced with rubber hose, made locally. You will probably have to just improvise with fittings. You should be able to improvise the mounting arms if you can't find them in a junkyard, don't forget to make them tightenable for wear like the originals. Good luck, Mitch
Ok thanks Mitch. So making 3/4" hard (steel) lines isn't something one can do on their own? I have a hydraulic type pipe bender that goes up to 2-3" or so. I believe there is a 3/4" die/round attachment for it. My thought was to get an 1/8" or 1/4" round stock 8 ft or so and make the bends by hand what would look right, and then use as a template to bend the 3/4". I think its 3/4" that's my guess anyway. I hope it doesn't require 1". That was another question I was hoping someone with this model could answer. So as far as fittings for the end of the tube, I found some flare-less fittings from discounthydraulics that should work. Or I could tig weld on the appropriate ends. I have a tig welder so that's not a problem. I was just hoping to find tips and sugg from someone who has done this and maybe there is something I would look over or such. As far as the mounting arms go, I have called many junk yards around the states and no one seems to have anything. So maybe they are rare? Most 310's are just a dozer, or have a 3 point. I think the backhoes were just more useable with the rubber tires vs tracks. If you want a track backhoe you get an excavator. But I like the setup because I have the rear ripper with weights and the front bucket, and I also made an box scraper fit on the back as well. So now with a hoe, I will have allot of options with one tractor. I know 2 tractors is always better, but I inherited this from my late Grandfather and he had it professional rebuilt a while back and it has very little hours maybe a few hundred at the tops. I just repainted it, rebuilt the starter/alternator and put a new rosa master pump on it. And it runs like a top. So to me having the one works out well. Ill stop blabbing now.
I might have what you need . We scraped a Case that had a backhoe on it and and I still have the diverter valve. If send me a number I can tex you some pics.
Yes, you definitely can build your own steel lines, I was just trying to introduce an alternative you may not have thought of.
Ok thanks, I sent you a PM
Hey markshr, did you hapend to get my messages? Hope I put my number down correct, maybe you tried sending pics and they didn't go through?
you power beyond is in the contral valve and #65 is a standard 90 elbow drilled and taped to take std nippal if you do make one use a heavy fitting you can get from local hydraulic supply and should have the steel hydraulic tubeing and put flure's on end for you or you can try j.i.case for spair parts
The Shop manual for the 310G has a lot of backhoe pics & info in it.(for the 26 & 33 model backhoes).
Ok, does anyone know where I can look at a 310g shop manual? I don't want to have to buy one when I don't even own that model. I have 310f manual, but its very limited on the pictures I need.
I have a 310g manul I will see if I can figure out how to down load it for ya
I just realized my manual is a 310g. But my tractor is a 310f. The parts manual I have is for a 310f. So I guess the service manual is not the correct one. Which explains why some things look different. But everything matches in the parts manual. SO anyone have a 310f manual?