Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

anyone have experiance with a bobcat scraper?

cdm123 ยท 2018-01-12 20:10
Replies9
  1. #1cdm1232018-01-12 23:00

    And on a side note, how do you edit a post? Members have a 60 minute window to edit their own posts. I'm not sure whether you can edit your title once it's been posted. After that, you have to ask one of the helpful staff members. Digger242j

  2. #2crewchief8882018-01-13 07:18

    my 1st question would be, what are you trying to do with it? ive seen a couple guys using them to tear up flooring tile and wood flooring doing interior demolition of storefronts...

  3. #3cdm1232018-01-13 10:13

    Trying to lift ice off a paved moonscape, my bucket is wider than any flat spot I have found yet.

  4. #4crewchief8882018-01-13 11:57

    they seem to work ok for flat surfaces, like a concrete floor inside a building.

  5. #5cdm1232018-01-13 14:07

    Does the disk swivel at all to follow a contour or is it rigid?

  6. #6crewchief8882018-01-13 14:16

    from what i remember it does have some "wobble" to it

  7. #7popsiclepete2018-01-13 14:44

    I've seen it used on Ice in a parking lot, but i haven't seen them use it for few years, that tells us something doesn't it. I"ve been told it work good for removing ceramic tile on concrete in a large area.

  8. #8crewchief8882018-01-13 14:53

    i remember when the scraper was introduced, seems like a lot of people were wanting it to scrape ice and packed snow, i only remember 1 or 2 of them being sold for that, and only a couple more for demo guys doing floor tile. they'd rather spend the money on the scraper than employ 14 union laborers to do the same job..

  9. #9cdm1232018-01-13 15:11

    Ok thanks, I have seen some with a solid disk as pictured and others with what looks like 4-5 notches on the edge, any thoughts on what that is about?