Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone have experience with these?

hootsmcgoots ยท 2012-02-20 19:08

Anyone ever been around or have one of these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/250968758672?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 They look nice and for $325 (which is 1/4 the price of a reelcraft) they sound too good to be true.:beatsme

Replies5
  1. #1FSERVICE2012-02-20 22:18

    it looks good as my reelcraft & ALOT cheaper. i think i would try it. if you do get one let us know how it does.

  2. #2redneck rigger2012-04-09 00:04

    never had experience with one of those, but by god, I'm building one for my shop soon

  3. #3hootsmcgoots2012-04-11 17:56

    I've had mine for about a month and it seems to work really well. A lot of old timers say that the coiled wire on the spool will create a magnetic field and cause problems. I don't think I really weld enough to have that problem. A step here, piece of sheet metal there, etc.:usa

  4. #4stinkycat2012-04-11 22:45

    On the old MG welders when using carbon arc rods and the welding cables were coiled up on a hook every time you would strike a arc the cable coils would try expand to a circle.

  5. #5Jumbo2012-04-12 19:19

    Leaving leads coiled causes unnecessary EMF, go to a steel mill and watch the leads when they drop the electrode in the pot. However, I doubt that using the leads like most do, will cause that much extra energy loss. Your electric bill might climb $20.00 max over a month here in the NW worse case scenario. I like the storage idea, but when welding I still want all the lead on the ground for mobility. Just a personal preference...