I'm looking at a 2014 308e2 cr. what are your opinions on them? Good ? Bad? This would be to replace my kx080 kubota. It's has been a fairly good machine. Wonder how the cat would stack up to the kubota. My two complaints on the performance of the kubota is I find the tracks lack power and boom up is a little slow for my liking. Other than that I'm happy. Do you find the Cat to be fast and strong?
We have a few 308's in our fleet. Like anything Cat they're a pita to work on. They seem to be a decent machine overall. Fairly smooth controls. I don't operate them though, just fix them.
I bought a 16, should have rented longer. Track power is so so,took it in to check spec on the boom lift as my 60 deere could pick about the same, the 308 would drift. Other than the swing, I think the hydraulics are slower.
We have a 308 with the steel tracks, it replaced our 85 Deere. The boys like it so far. If it can't lift it, it will pick the arse end up even with the blade down. I will mention that they had a 305 leased, and the only ones that liked it were the guys with the Cat underwear. They just bought a new Komatsu to replace it.
We have a 2016. It does every thing we ask it to so far. No notable isues.