Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone have some used 17.5 – 6 hole bud wheels used?

workshoprat92 ยท 2015-09-28 19:58

Hey guys I have an old miller tilt top trailer I that runs the old tube type wheels. I want to get this thing converted over to tubless 6.75 x 17.5 inch wheels with 6 hole bud pattern. I think the 6 hole is gone be hard to find. I know I can get them new but Id like to get a deal on some used ones. Not trying to be cheap but were not that far out of the economy colapse LOL. anyhow here is a pic of my old wheels.

Replies8
  1. #1Old Junk Man2015-09-28 23:55

    The U haul one ton trucks back in the sixties had 17.5 6 hole budd wheels.

  2. #2workshoprat922015-09-29 06:09

    wow thats some pretty heavy duty wheels for a one ton

  3. #3Old Junk Man2015-09-29 07:16

    U haul used oddball sizes to prevent theft. There tires & wheels wouldn't fit nothing else. Ive got a 65 one ton that was a former U haul . It has the 17.5 6 hole rims. they are two piece split rims that require a liner and inner tube.The bigger two ton trucks had 22.5 wheels & tires. In later tears the one tons used 19.5 wheels & tires. Ive seen tubeless 17.5 wheels on motor homes.

  4. #4workshoprat922015-09-29 07:22

    That wouldn't be the rim I want. I want to go tubeless.

  5. #5DoyleX2015-09-29 07:45

    They made 2 stud piloted 6 bolt lug patterns. What is the lug diameter? Hub hole diameter? I might have 2.

  6. #6DDoug2015-09-29 08:01

    Looks like the center is riveted in ? Can you grind off the rivet heads and re-use the center ? Weld your center into a new(er) rim.

  7. #7workshoprat922015-09-29 14:16

    Honestly with all the ads on tv for lawyers wanting to sue big rig accidents I really don't think I want to take the liability of that. I know I could do it and do it properly. But still I just don't want to open myself up for that kind of liability. I think I will let Accuride or Maxion take that LOL.

  8. #8workshoprat922015-09-29 19:56

    well I am starting to get the big picture that there wont be any of these rims on the market used with 6 hole buds. Mainly because if anyone bought some they were using them to replace their outdated 8.25-15 wheels and are using them and don't want to sell. I don't think there was any equipment made with the new 17.5 rims and 6 hole bud as OEM installed. I can get em new and I think that's my only option.