Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone have this Deere?

wnydirtguy ยท 2010-11-10 20:52

They have it at the trimble dimensions. got to look at it but not run it. just wondering if anyone has ran one.

Replies8
  1. #1lectro882010-11-10 22:02

    No. The bottom rollers "look" like their poly, kinda looks like a golf course groomer. Built for speed not stumps, I'm guessing. LOL. What is the application. Forgive me. Our ever changing line up. It used to be a dozer, backhoe, trackhoe, skidder, crane, or a shovel.

  2. #2youngoperator2010-11-11 00:01

    looks alright for plowing snow thats about it, kinda neat thou

  3. #3Excavator7592010-11-11 20:41

    It is a Deere high spped dozer. with gps control i guess you can grade at 13-17 MPH. mostly used for finish grading long stretches of highway etc.

  4. #4QuickTrax2010-11-11 21:27

    I've been told that this machine was built using parts from other machines already being manufactured. Does anyone know what application Deere had in mind when they began manufacturing this machine. I would think it would only be good as a finishing machine.

  5. #5JoeinTX2010-11-11 21:39

    Somewhat the same vein as the Komatsu D51 as a finishing dozer however the Deere seems to place more emphasis on speed. By the by, isn't a "finishing bulldozer" sort of like a "finesse linebacker?" Something of an oxymoron, eh? I don't understand the advantages this thing has over a modern grader with all the fixins doing the same type of work. Grader is more stable, more mobile, and can cover a wider blade area for the work involved besides always being able to move faster due to the laws of physics and friction and because Einstein said so, et al........

  6. #6sultan2010-11-11 22:45

    I'd reckon it'll push much more than a grader and do much better in soft ground. It seems to be a fast mobile dozer that can make grade and smooth it too. I can see it being useful as a scraper/dozer in one, as a fast mobile dozer, or as a snow pusher. I'd like to get to try running one some day.

  7. #7EGS2010-11-12 09:21

    I believe that cummins05 purchased one of these machines. He will probably be on here shortly to comment on it.

  8. #8CM19952010-11-12 11:20

    This machine has been thoroughly discussed in this thread -