We have been trying out some new Volvo loaders for our outfit and have been having nothing but trouble with them. The first one was a L120G that we rented for about three months it did good till it had and I'm quoting the Volvo mechanic "some kind of emissions problem I can't figure out what it is". It had to sent back to the factory to get fixed and last I heard they were still having trouble with it. Then we had two more L120G's the one after about two days decided not to shift out of first and the other one didn't last an hour after it got there till it went to missing. The last one we tried was a L150G that I personally ran. I was really happy with it till about 5 hours after I started running it. It went to missing and then would just stop moving and not throttle up then all of a sudden it would clear up and run fine then about 30 seconds later it would start doing it all over again. Now we have had two Volvo's in the past a L150 that we put almost 20,000hrs on with very little trouble with and a L180E that has almost 10,000hrs on it. We have just bee very disappointed with these new Volvo's.
Stay away from the G-series
Yes, we just purchased a new L150F wheel loader. It is a very nice ride, bucket positioning is a bit different to get used to (old cat guy), we have had issues with temp alarms, hot turbo shut down, bucket positioning, which required the dealer to replace what I consider a manufacturer defect. Now we have a pin that won't take grease. We have had Volvo here twice to free it up and it is stuck again and won't take grease. Not very fond of the reliability.
anything above ``D` series volvo loader is crap. Of ourse operator comfort is hard to beat, but for all the electrical trouble and hydraulic leakeage i will defenitely choose other brand. JMO
bl61b strting problem hi sir i have starting problem in bl61b .i has been chang the crank shoft rear seal .before complete the gear box ,i stat the en gain without the gear box ,for check the oil lekage .but when i complete the gear box and all thin then its can not be start .i thing its gear shift can not be neutral . please help me thanks
We have hoses and electrical problems constantly with our l 220e's seems like Volvo has a long way to go to make a decent loader. They do okay I would say but are hungry for parts. These machines literally bake their hoses and o rings. Dang oil cooler is just tiny compared to our cat