Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone heard of Sunward Equipment

mowingman · 2020-04-24 18:03

We have a fairly new equipment company that has set up shop here in north Texas. It is called Sunward USA. The place is full of small excavators, telehandlers, and large tracked pier drills. I have never heard of them. They seem to be out of China, and this place here is going to be there U.S. distributor for dealers. I wonder how long this will last. A couple of years ago, we had a new startup dealer here that sold some type of Chinese bulldozers. Four of those big Shantui dozers are still sitting in the weeds where their sales yard WAS. I bet a bank owns them now. They look to be about D9 size machines. Seems like the Dallas area is a good place to try selling new brands of equipment.

Replies7
  1. #1skata2020-04-24 22:04

    Well I sure wouldn't be rushing to buy Chinese stuff after China released a virus on us.

  2. #2catman132020-04-24 22:40

    do you have pictures of the Four of those big Shantui dozers are still sitting in the weeds where their sales yard WAS

  3. #3mowingman2020-04-24 22:52

    No, I don't have any photos. I go by there several times/week, but am on the interstate where you can't pull off. You can not see them from down on the frontage road, as they are back behind some Mesquite trees. Check out the Shantui website. I believe the four are all SD32DQ models. One is missing the blade, but the other 3 are complete, and have rippers and a blade.

  4. #4JD955SC2020-04-25 07:53

    I have seen pop up places selling Sany excavators and Shantui dozers. I’ve seen the Sanys out on job sites haven’t yet seen a Shantui in the wild. One of the places here is just a portable building office and a yard, no shop, like a lot of the small compact tractor dealerships do. I haven’t seen a field truck for them so no idea what they do for service

  5. #5mowingman2026-07-15 14:33

    I think Sunward may be on a downward spiral. Their US headquarters and big equipment yard is located about 5 miles from our house. Do not get by there much. However, drove by yesterday and the place looks bad. Lot probably only has 1/4 the machines they used to keep there. Weeds are grown up under and between most of the machines. About the only things left on the lot are compact excavators. The big pier drills and hoes are all gone. I could be wrong, but operation looks to be about dead. Hope no one on here bought one of these things.

  6. #6Welder Dave2026-07-15 16:06

    Sometimes people think they could have a good business selling much lower cost equipment but it doesn't always work out that way. Some do though but make sure they have good parts and service support. Some dealerships don't put enough emphasis on the most important part which is parts and service support.

  7. #7JD955SC2026-07-16 20:36

    Soon you’ll be able to buy an insanely cheap machine “sold by them” “at their address” on a website made last week, with a wire transfer.