I think I have come to the point I'm not going to get to this machine. I've owned it for many years. It runs excellent. We put a new transmission in from tradewater machinery a few years back as well. It has nice tracks. We re shimmed the front idlers. Has a new hard bar and radiator has been professionally flushed and cleaned. It's a nice tractor. A few years ago we encountered issues with the Dead shafts. They are tight in the tractor but the threads are stripped out on the ends. My mechanic that was helping me with it, who was familiar with doing them, just got old and decided he wasn't going to go any further. So there it sits. I even just put a new seat on it before it shut down. And as we all know those aren't cheap. Both steering clutches have been rebuilt as well. It's a damn nice machine. It has a straight blade with tilt, a twin tilt angle blade and a full rake. I'm guessing it's just time to move it on. With all the blades and everything done to the machine I like to get 22 grand. I know the rake and blades are worth not too far away from that. Plus it will come with the caterpillar press / puller and attachments for doing the project. I think I have the attachments all the way up to a d9. located in upper Michigan 48A9167
If interested give me a text or a call at 906-395-7015 thank you
Any pictures?
I will dig some up from my phone when I get home. Thanks
It's unfortunate about the Dead shafts issue, but it seems like you've done a lot to maintain it. With all the additional attachments and bounty hunter recent upgrades, your asking price seems reasonable.
Thank you. Yes I think that's fair. It is a nice tractor but it needs someone with better personnel, time and skill to get the dead shafts straightened around. Yes, with all the attachments and of course remember that the caterpillar final drive tooling is included with it as well. It'll make someone a damn nice setup again. I'm going to work on getting some pictures posted
More coming
Pics
Pics
Pics
@colson04 Time to step up to the plate, you got that bobcat almost done, time for some real iron - its in your neighborhood.
The problem is I've been saying that for the last 5 years. Eventually I have to face reality. I've had so many people from around the country claiming they were going to come and give a hand. I offer housing and so on. Plus it's in the upper peninsula of michigan. I thought somebody could make a vacation out of it at the same time while making some money. But for us up here this is a slow time of the year also so really got to watch the pennies until we get rolling again. I have some other ventures I'd like to jump on and could use the funding as well. Believe me I would love to keep it
What was Cats estimate for them to come finish the repair?
I thought the 7E was diesel electric? We had one at work, around a 2017 or so.
The newer version yes
Won't do it in the field. Believe me, if knew my mechanic Jack was going to f*@k me like this and leave me hanging, i would have just brought it in
What year is this E model? Not overly familiar with 7s, most outsfirs run 6s or go to 8/10s here
They were produced in the late sixties and early seventies
It will be a great machine for someone. Too bad your mechanic couldn't have at least suggested another mechanic to help finish it.
D7,s started out as a Diesel 50 in the early 30’s, the 4 cylinder D7 lasted with improvements darn near 40 yrs. They were and are the best all around tractor in my opinion , popular with farmers, loggers , ranchers . Easier to haul around , 2 less cylinders . Hell even Dale Earnhardt had a D7E on his ranch.
It sounds like you’ve invested a lot in this machine over the years and have taken great copy care of it. Given the recent upgrades and attachments, $22,000 seems reasonable. I hope you find the right buyer who will appreciate its value and the work you’ve put into it. Good luck with the sale!
Cat dealer don't like working in the cold? I've done finals in the field numerous times year round
The deal killer for some is it is bare back. And does need some expensive work, tools included or not.
Hmmm this has me thinking…..do I need it? The little guy on my right shoulder says YES!! The one on the left says no…. I even have people to haul it home….and they owe me.
You only live once.... Go for it!!! Listen to the little guy on the right. The one on the left is just a fun hater!!
Better ignore those 2 on your shoulders and go with what the wife says LOL
Since when are you the voice of reason? Haha
Did this yard art ever sell?