Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone know anything about the Doosan Excavators?

Maxpro ยท 2009-07-10 18:40

Was looking at getting a Solar 175. Anyone had any dealings with these machines?

Replies19
  1. #1kenaustin2009-07-11 20:43

    Hello- As long as it is a solar 175-v you are good to go . The solar 170's had a poor hydraulic pump( junk) but the 175 has a rexroth pump.

  2. #2Maxpro2009-07-12 12:13

    Well the salesman said that it had a Kawasaki pump. Here is a pic of the machine.

  3. #3Bellboy2009-07-12 12:42

    Doosan excavators rock my world!! Strong and fast, cheap to run, cheap to own, never break down. Love them.

  4. #4watglen2009-07-12 22:30

    I was looking at one this spring, near as i could tell they are terex painted orange. Or vice versa...

  5. #5Bellboy2009-07-13 02:39

    Its vice versa, as they only have a few of the models in their "Heavy" range, and the naming system is exactly the same, but on the Terex the DX is replaced with TX. I even believe that some of the Terex loaders are Doosan DL....

  6. #6watglen2009-07-13 07:48

    I have slowly come to the conclusion that most machines are very reliable, strong,fast, and except CAT, cheap to own. I would like to hear stories of machines not to buy. Perhaps fuel economy is one factor that really sets some brands apart. Any good opinions out there? Ken

  7. #7Deereboy2009-08-30 19:23

    Doosan is a big seller up here in New Brunswick.It seemed a first that price and a good dealer was the main reason why.After a few years it was very common to see them harvesting wood and doing road work and how good they were on fuel was the reason.They are everywhere now with tracks and wheels and sizes between 175 and 225 being popular.I have run a 225 for a few weeks and found them quiet with good power, and comfortable with all sorts of cab goodies to make the day better. We still remain Deere people though........

  8. #8Case 580e2009-08-30 20:02

    I rent a doosan 370 its a slow machine but it has some power. Personally I liked it but like i said to slow

  9. #9plantman.uk2009-11-07 15:56

    good heaters thats about all....

  10. #10earl19572009-11-07 16:01

    I'm having trouble with a oil leak on a 510 Long tractor. I need help bad

  11. #11earl19572009-11-07 16:11

    Am I in the right place for quick help or is there a live chat going on someplace else

  12. #12CM19952009-11-07 16:37

    Earl, since you have the required posts under your belt to start your own thread, go the agricultural section of the forums and post your question there. Here is a link -

  13. #13Ayjay2009-11-08 06:17

    Iam working on a solar 220 LC-3 which is proving to be a headache. Has started stalling the engine anytime more than one function is used.

  14. #14goldminer2009-11-22 11:10

    where have you started ? i have same problem with 350- samsung

  15. #15Serv2009-11-22 13:55

    My doosan 300 started to stall on the operator after our first hundred or so hours. I traced the problem down to insufficient fuel delivery. Narrowed it down to the lift pump on the side of the injection pump. I removed the lift pump and found a small plastic screen on the suction side of the lift pump was 100% clogged up with tank gunk. Cleaned that up and problem solved. Another thing to check is your fuel tank ventilation. If that is stopped up, weird things can start to happen such as stalling. We are extremely pleased with this excavator. It is very powerful and fast. My fuel bill has gone way up though but it's worth it considering all the work we have accomplished in such a short time

  16. #16John C.2009-11-22 14:27

    Can't say much about those machines that are less than a couple or three years old. Older machines were put together fairly well but there were parts supply and technical information shortages. I've seen and heard of a couple of track problems that caused two weeks or more down time to get links. I've been asked to troubleshoot a couple of electronic issues and found them short on the technical info that would have saved time on the repairs. The loggers in this area have them because they are so cheap to purchase compared to the more main stream brands. That issue is tied as much to there being little money to be made in logging as it is any preferences over other machines. Most logging companies would rather have other iron if they made enough money to support it. If you purchase one you better figure you are going to make all your money operating it. There is virtually no resale value on them at all. The only dealer that would take a trade in would be the dealer you purchased from and they are still locked to the markets. If you are looking at buying a used machine depending on condition, age and hours, I would suggest starting the negotiations at one third of the asking price. You might find a good runner for a lot less than you think.

  17. #17RentEquipment2009-12-08 15:32

    Solar 175 are Doosan DX 180 now

  18. #18he20092009-12-20 22:08

    For your reference: INGERSOLL / RAND, when it got out of construction equipment allthogether, sold-off its BOBCAT divisions to DOOSAN / INFRACOR so if you're having any problems tracking down specs on some recent/older models, I'd get with anyone who's worked with IR / Bobcat equipment. - Hope this helps.

  19. #19peter312009-12-25 19:56

    How good are the doosan DX 420 excavators? Want my company to buy one cause our 330D LME excavator is burning oil.