Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone know the prices from RB auction in Wa?

chidog ยท 2025-05-30 18:01

Curious of what some of the dozers sold for.

Replies25
  1. #1Mobiltech2025-05-30 18:12

    If you give sale location and date it can be looked up on R B past auctions website.

  2. #2Welder Dave2025-05-30 19:44

    You can register online and look up previous sale prices

  3. #3chidog2025-05-30 23:29

    Its the auction today here is wa just south of olympia, chehalis not sure of spelling. I'm not going to register at RB.

  4. #4Welder Dave2025-05-31 00:19

    It's a different registration than getting a bidding number. It's pretty handy to see what items you're looking for have sold for.

  5. #5Mobiltech2025-05-31 00:38

    The last results I see from Chehalis are from 2023.

  6. #6Mobiltech2025-05-31 08:39

    Which dozers are you looking for. There were 36.

  7. #7chidog2025-05-31 16:35

    Of course the only one I could have afforded. The D155.

  8. #8Mobiltech2025-05-31 17:50

    Here ya go.

  9. #9chidog2025-05-31 20:03

    Thank you. I suppose trucking would be another 4K, too much for worn out junk IMO. I was almost thinking the top dollar would have been 2K but more expected 1K, it didn't look that great. It costs to truck and costs to scrap so don't mention scrap.

  10. #10.RC.2025-05-31 20:22

    I get the feeling it could be free and you would complain about the price.

  11. #11Simon C2025-05-31 21:49

    I just did an engine from a 1977 model D155 in 2023 and lots of parts are no longer available. For a private guy who needs 1 component, okay. Otherwise worth only the value of some good bolts and the price of scrap iron. I did a torque at the same time and some necessary Orange high temp seals were not available from anyone. Had 1 good used one to finish unit. The 2006 model could be fixed, but very, very labour intensive especially for the finals and clutches. Simon C

  12. #12Simon C2025-05-31 21:52

    It is a large undertaking to strip down small to get the best scrap iron price. So much oil to drain and heavy components to move around. Not worth it for paid labour at the scrap metal yard. Simon C

  13. #13CM19952025-05-31 22:06

    Friend of mine that had a very tight wad wife one day out of the blue said - "You know if Sarah was walking down the sidewalk and found a $10 bill she would probably bitch about it not being a $20." I lost it!

  14. #14IceHole2025-05-31 22:19

    The 83 D3 i was eyeballing went for $12k. So figure after fees, like 13k. I was a buyer till 10k. Just had photos as I'm at work. Looked like low hours, but same time a skid steer can probably do about same work as a D3, and I have one. Set of new recapped 365 steers with weird tread pattern went for $850 or 900 i think. Can buy new for around that. I was interested till $500, would have been ok for my dump truck.

  15. #15IceHole2025-05-31 22:21

    That's crazy. 262k for a d6?

  16. #16epirbalex2025-06-01 16:21

    That -1 D155 would be a goldmine at that price . It costs around 900 NZ $ to fill it , pretty cheap dozer if its workable @ 4500 AU$ .

  17. #17chidog2025-06-01 17:39

    Yeah likely a gold mine to fix if you planned on using it on a job. I guess you didn't read what Simon C said. And other than for a big hobby toy and an occasional this or that movement. The tracks looked like they were at the end even the paint job looked like original factory, I can imagine all the work and unobtainable parts that machine needed. If it was a goldmine, the price would have had one more zero at the end. You know 45,000. What do you want to bet the original owner got it and it ends up on FB in another month, since anyone that owns OLD equipment thinks it is gold?

  18. #18Truck Shop2025-06-01 19:56

    In the fall of 1989 I walked into a tavern I frequented about an hour after a football game finished and most had left. Standing in front of the tap area of the bar I ordered a pounder, I bent over and picked up a ten dollar bill, handed it to bar tender {take it out of this and give me 5 out of pull tab tank #4}. Second ticket I opened was a 75 buck winner. I gave the bartender a ten buck tip.

  19. #19epirbalex2025-06-01 20:17

    20 hours work and its paid for . Its a parts machine by the look of those tracks . I'm not convinced by paint in any way , new or old paint have little value in assessing what the machine is like .

  20. #20Welder Dave2025-06-01 23:41

    A big machine like that 155 is a real gamble and not cheap to move. The chsnce of it in good running condition is pretty slim. It might have been purchased for scrap.

  21. #21chidog2025-06-02 02:53

    What is the trucking or the fuel?

  22. #22epirbalex2025-06-02 06:06

    I never bought it but would if it was close . Fuel very bad , 60-70 liters an hour running hard .Our diesel is about 150 a liter net , 900 to fill a tank . Transport worse , last one cost 3000 NZ$ for about 3 hours one way . And that was before the oil price rises . Big jump over 30 ton dozers in cost to transport .

  23. #23epirbalex2025-06-02 06:19

    I have been told the torque converter is the same as the earlier D85's though never had either on a bench to see . One part I could not get 12 months ago was the governor housing , throttle shaft seal was leaking badly . Seat for it or the bearing inside of it had chopped out , shop repaired it inexpensively enough .

  24. #24Simon C2025-06-02 23:30

    Just to let you know, on D155A-1 dozers there is multiple different serial number groups, with many different parts inside. These are 320HP torque convertors, versus D85 which is around 200's. They don't get the best lifespan when used in the right machine. Too many parts not available anymore. Simon C

  25. #25epirbalex2025-06-03 16:13

    Yes , using other applications of the motor or drive components for a source of spares is a help . Diesel shop had just repaired a pump out of a Dodge truck that had the much same injector pump as mine . Parts for both ex Germany . Its all a bit of a worry .