Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone know what a Bay City Drag Line weighs?

jbshocks ยท 2013-01-07 18:03

I inherited a baycity drag line that I believe is call a model 20. It has not run since 85 and has a siezed motor. Anyone know roughly what one would weigh? I will probably have to sell it to scrapper and want to make sure I don't get ripped off. It has a boom extension and a rear counter balance tank. If anyone know of anyone that salvages these things and could point me to them I would appreciate it. I hate to see this thing get melted down if there are parts that could keep someone elses running.

Replies6
  1. #1tracknut2013-01-08 12:44

    are you shur its a 20 I need parts for a #30

  2. #2jbshocks2013-01-08 12:48

    It may be a 30, how do I tell?

  3. #3jbshocks2013-01-08 14:43

    do you have any idea what your 30 weighs?

  4. #4tracknut2013-01-09 14:50

    biuld tag on inside of cab behind ops seat 16 tons

  5. #5jbshocks2013-01-09 15:59

    Thanks I will be up there in a week and will take a look. If it is a 30 are you interested in parting it out, some parts or anything?

  6. #6jbshocks2013-01-10 18:22

    I verified that it is a model 30. It also has the extra ballast tank and an extra section of boom installed. The bucket is a wet bucket. Let me know if you have any interest. It is in Traverse City MI