See attached pic, what's the usage of these plates?
probably side scrapers, stowed.
Where is that installed on?
What exactly is that photo, a scarifier.?
he posted in rollers. I think that is the drum scraping kit and those are the side scrapers.
That will be a scraper bar for a roller with detachable padfoot shells. When the shells are removed, you install the scraper plates instead of the teeth.
Thanks Mark.
Great, Thanks!
We recently bought this pad foot kit for our 563E roller and can vouch for its quality. Easy to fit and haven’t had to touch a bolt after a hundred hrs or so. I assumed the scraper plates were just mounted there for transport… not much carrying them around when using the machine as a pad foot.
Very clever… It appears that the OP is the owner of Bedrock attachments and has extracted a favourable review from me without even asking. No matter… it is still a good product.
did you buy it from him?
No, we bought it from a large dealer here who imports gear from all over the world.
Lol, was it Tillys? We work together for over 10 years now.
Yes it was. We also have a set of your rippers on a dozer that we bought from another dealer.
Are you happy with the rippers? I have been seriously looking at their front blades for graders, to put on my 12G. Haven't seen any in person but the pictures look good.
We haven’t done a huge amount of work with them yet, but so far they have been faultless. We did rip and push several thousand metres of laterite gravel recently. Our laterite is not hard rock but is probably the next best thing. I was a little bit impressed with the ripper tips. Being non genuine I expected them to wear like butter but they still look almost like new. We had Gessner make this cutterbar to go on them. On another note, Tilly’s have recently sold their business to ITR Pacific. Other than doing away with the dismantling side, I believe it will be business as usual.
Yeah ok that’s good to hear. I was looking at the rippers for my D6H but I managed to find a secondhand set. Still have to fit them and work out an auxiliary circuit to run them when I get it home for a bit. I like that cutter bar too! We have a problem with woody weeds here at home. With land prices going through the roof, improving what we have is something that us and a few others around us are looking into. Done a chaining test so far and a little bit of raking. Was thinking a cutter bar or blade plow would be nice to test. Wow didn’t know that’s what happened at Tilly’s, had heard they had a big change. Hey on a side note through summer what sort of temps do you see your dozers running at? Still working on getting mine to run cooler, curious what someone doing similar work in similar conditions is getting so I know what I should be aiming at.
Funny you should mention that as I’ve been following your thread and have been experiencing something similar. Our 6R, with C9 motor, is fine. Both gauges go to half way and stay there, no matter what you throw at it or how hot the ambient temp. is. Both gauges on the 7H just about go off scale with constant load in warm weather. Like your 6H, gauges appear to be reading at least 10c higher than temps checked with two different IR guns. Changed gauges and senders..made no difference. Engine temp drops rapidly in neutral. Trans barely drops, even after 15 minutes. We had Cat do a TA2 inspection on the tractor before we bought it and all trans. pressures seem to be within spec. Iam about to change both oil coolers, so see what happens.
^^^ This. I have a set for our 533E somewhere...
Very interesting!!!!! I’m sorry you’re having a similar drama… but it’s nice to hear I am not on my own, have been starting to wonder if I am going insane with mine LOL. I was wondering if I should go looking for a 7 and maybe I was asking too much of the 6H, but it sounds like it could be a common problem for the H series? I have a mate not too far away that has a series 1 6H and it seems to be having the same issue too. I hope the coolers fix it, let me know how you go. Mine looked good but if it works for you I might change mine anyway. Have you checked your trans lube pressure (last in the circuit)? My dozer was within spec but at the lower end, good everywhere else. In mine that pressure is flow regulated only, I figured it was a sign of marginal flow and replaced the pump. It seemed to help but not solve all the dramas.
I have posted numerous times about similar issues I encountered with a 7H. If you haven't checked the torque converter outlet pressure, that's a good place to start. Mine was way low. Ended up pulling the entire transmission valve body out the back, and removing every single plug, spool valve, and spring in the damn thing. The spool that controls the outlet pressure is this compound thing, a spool within a spool, that without the full service manual and hydro schematic I never would have figured it out. There was a tiny speck of something floating around in the pilot end of that spool. I was only getting about 40 psi of pressure, when spec is like 75ish. As I recall, I had to check the pressure I was looking for at the back of the tractor, not at the outlet valve on the torque. This was 20 odd years ago so I could be misremembering slightly. That solved the trans heating issues, never did resolve the hydraulics.
There’s a good chance that I read your posts but because I didn’t own a 7H back then it hasn’t stuck. These are the power train pressures that the dealer recorded during the TA2 inspection. It might be worth noting that when they first tested the machine the transmission oil pump pressure was way above spec. They apparently fixed the problem then retested to produce the above result.
The pressures are different specs to my 6H but I found a spec sheet online for a 7H and it seems all is spot on. Has it run hot the whole time you’ve had it? Thinking it could be worth rechecking them your self to make sure nothing has changed since perhaps? Will be interesting to see if Shimmy1 sees anything odd, with experience working on them something might stand out. Do you think the 7H is much of a jump up from the 6R work output wise…. Just curious because it’s a step up in size I have been pondering?
Depends. In every condition except soft ground or mud, the 7 will rule. 7000 pounds and 50 HP is substantial.
I would get gauges on the inlet and outlet of the torque, ones that you can keep on it while working so you can constantly monitor the pressures. What oil is in the trans, and when was the last time the mag strainer was pulled?
We haven’t done 500hrs yet, since buying the tractor. When we first started working it, it was setting off the transmission pressure alarm. Found that it had an ultra high efficiency filter and TDTO 50 oil in it. Changed to an advanced efficiency filter and TDTO30 and solved that problem. Strainer was clean then. Permanently mounting the gauges is a good idea, I’ll be doing that. The 7 will certainly out push/pull a six but you lose a bit of manoeuvrability and you’ll need a quad axle trailer to shift it. Depends what you’re doing, but another option might be a later 6R or 6T. Our 6R is 195 hp and weighs close to 25 metric tonnes with heavy canopy, Gessner rippers etc.
Did you swap the oil after they did the tests? If so I would definitely re test the whole lot just to confirm that the oil didn’t affect any of the numbers. I was asking Nige about running the 50 oil in mine but he said he didn’t think it was a good idea anymore. Yeah the portability is why I went with the 6, being LGP doesn’t help that though. I thought I would still be able to shift a 7H with my tri axle trailer? A few people I have asked have said skip the 7 and get an 8 if I want to go bigger, but getting a quad float as well I just can’t justify at this stage. How heavy do you think your 7 is all set up? I have carted an old Allis HD-21 just to get it home, I’m not sure what it weighed but once was enough for it LOL!!! The later model 6 is something a have been thinking about too. The spec sheets I have found list my 6H LGP at 194 gross Hp and 180Hp nett, I think it would be a bit lighter too. I will have a good look at some R and T spec sheets.
We haven’t weighed our 7 but I think they start at 24.5 tonnes, add 3.5 for rippers and at least another couple for the canopy and tree spear and there wouldn’t much change out of 30 tonne. Old mate that brought it out had a quad and dolly but he had a rake on as well. We have weighed the 6 and it’s only sorta/kinda legal on our tri axle trailer. It’s a fairly heavy combination though, more to stand up to our ***** roads than for payload.
Yes that seems to be a fair estimate for the 7H from what I can find. I do cart my 966G around with the rake and it’s pretty heavy but ok as long as you’re careful. I haven’t weighed it, but with the forestry tyres, extra counterweight that’s been added and the rake it would have to be getting close to 30metric tons as well I think. The old Allis HD21A I shifted once home felt a lot heavier and had the tyres bulged a lot more than anything else I have moved. Not sure what it weighs but my best guess is 35T or so. Someone on the forum might be able to give me an idea just for interest sake? I have been offered a drive of a D6T, so that will be interesting when I get a chance sounds like it burns heaps more fuel… I think he said 400-450L a day working hard!