Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone looking to get out of the rental business?

tbk125 ยท 2015-09-23 13:44

First time posting here, if this is in the wrong section please let me know. I am looking for an equipment rental business where I could be trained to take over / buy out the owner. Anyone who is looking to retire or is just looking to get out of the business please message me. I'm two years out of college working in digital marketing and I feel like I'm stuck in quicksand. I've always loved being outside and working on motors. I've seen heavy equipment rental businesses, they just seem like an enjoyable business to me. I'm smart, hardworking, and resourceful. If you or anyone you know is looking to get out of a equipment rental business please message me. Any advice or thoughts are appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Replies2
  1. #1Aliate2015-09-25 23:36

    Search for businesses for sale, most people offer some level of financing and transitional training. Not a good way to start your first business though.

  2. #2bdog12342015-10-04 02:19

    Heavy equipment is not cheap. Even if you borrow the money you are going to need a significant down payment. I would guess in the hundreds of thousands. Don't know anything about you but most people a couple years out of school don't have those kinds of resources. I think it is a good business the rental places around here seem to be making bank but they literally have tens of millions of dollars of equipment sitting on their yards.