Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone on here live in north dakota

Tyler d4c · 2020-08-22 16:59

If you do would you send me a pm I have a few questions thanks

Replies21
  1. #1farmerlund2020-08-23 11:42

    Yep. Sent you a pm.

  2. #2Truck Shop2020-08-23 12:38

    The state tree is a power pole.

  3. #3farmerlund2020-08-23 12:49

    Also a pretty girl behind every tree.

  4. #4old-iron-habit2020-08-23 23:16

    I can give you my ex wife's address if you get out there, feel lonely, and need an ass chewing

  5. #5John C.2020-08-24 12:15

    Now that gave me a chuckle.

  6. #6Truck Shop2020-08-25 20:02

    That reminds of a common reply when someone new in town was looking for a place that poured stiff drinks, {Well you can go down to the Thunder Bird it's a **** kicking place and if you want to fight someone will oblige and kick the crap out of you also}. Ellensburg, Wa.

  7. #7Vetech632020-08-25 21:23

    I don’t live there but.......I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

  8. #8Bumpsteer2020-08-25 22:38

    I thought shimmy might chime in......but he's probably still plowing snow. Ed

  9. #9grandpa2020-08-26 03:14

    Dinosaurs used to live in North Dakota but the winters got to be too bad!

  10. #10colson042020-08-26 06:54

    I was never a resident, but I spent the better part of 4 years chasing drilling rigs around the western half of the state. I enjoyed my time out there, when I got a chance to explore.

  11. #11DB22020-08-27 05:22

    Go to Fargo with a bunch of friends every June for a golf tournament. Seen some funny sh*t go down.

  12. #12KSSS2020-08-31 01:03

    I grew up on farm north of Jamestown for the first 18 years of life. I love North Dakota, always will. My family still lives there, so there is that. I just try not to go back in the Winter. Funny, I moved to Eastern Idaho, and they were all telling me about the Winters here. They can suck for sure, but a hard Winter here, is an easy Winter there. The year I graduated high school in 1986 in ND, we had 38 days where the temps didn't get above zero. That was one cold ass Winter.

  13. #13old-iron-habit2020-11-01 13:54

    In 1980 I stayed at a Holliday Inn in Bismarck, ND and came out in the morning to find that my just restored 1969 Corvette Stingray convertible had been stolen from the internal circle parking lot. Two months later the firewall and dual carbs with my homemade linkage was found in Jamestown, ND along with pieces of at least 25 other sports cars.

  14. #14Coaldust2020-11-01 16:18

    The fishing in and around Devils Lake is pretty good. Enjoyed touring the Bobcat factory’s in Wahpeton and Gwinner. ND has some great people. North Dakota State College of Science has some world-class OEM heavy equipment technician programs like Cat ThinkBig. I’ll stick with the Alaska mosquito vs the ND version. Holy cow. I’ll take an Alaskan winter over a ND winter, too.

  15. #15old-iron-habit2020-11-03 21:46

    With the Canadian border probably not opening anytime soon, we are thinking about taking the fish house to Devils Lake for the ice fishing season. Its only six hours for us, about the same as the Northwest Angle where we usually hang out.

  16. #16Coaldust2020-11-03 22:27

    What a blast. Huge Walleye, pike and those huge crazy white perch. A nice change from Alaska Fishing. I booked a charters and took a boat load of Airmen from the Grand Forks base,(including my son). That was a fun trip.

  17. #17KSSS2020-11-03 22:32

    Wahpeton has always been known for their college, its been well known for decades. It is world class, you wouldnt think that from a small town in North Dakota, but there it is. The mosquito's are insane, small birds really. Devils Lake is a pretty incredible lake, that thing just continues to grow bigger and bigger.

  18. #18Jumbo2020-11-30 19:38

    I didn't think anybody lived there, Everybody I have talked to is "from there." I figured the state had depopulated itself.

  19. #19farmerlund2020-11-30 21:17

    We always send the rif raf to WA.

  20. #20Jumbo2020-11-30 21:43

    Noticed your name; are you related to the Lunds who did a mass migration in the late '50s early '60s? Several hundred came out about then to work for Boeing. My grade school was 50% Lund, what a mess for the teachers. Best Lund story I ever heard was about 30 years ago, many went back for a family reunion, when they got there, the heat, flies were overwhelming. Two I knew didn't even stay for the reunion, they got there one night,and left the next morning for land with moderate tempretures and no flies. When the two brothers told the story at lunch, the whole crew was in hysterics with all their animation.

  21. #21farmerlund2020-11-30 23:15

    Nope, no relatives in the north west. There are plenty around this area that i am not related to. Seams like half of Scandinavia must have ended up in ND, MN. LOL