Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone Recognize this part?

kshansen ยท 2018-07-31 12:08

It is kind of obvious what it is but I think it might be considered an antique! Bendix does not seem to show it on their site and even Google comes up blank when you put the 233961 number in a search! Thinking someone out there with an old truck might be interested in having it to make their truck authentic! I did clean it up a bit with the grassbead machine but really was not that bad to begin with!

Replies12
  1. #1crane operator2018-07-31 12:42

    So are you mailing a picture to all the forum members? I'm not seeing any picture. Or are we all supposed to just concentrate really hard, and imagine we can see it?

  2. #2kshansen2018-07-31 14:09

    You're not trying hard enough concentrate and klick your heels three times and you will see the pictures! See! You just needed to try harder

  3. #3Rob Gunn2018-07-31 16:03

    Looks like some form of a hydraulic feeder line splinter / check valve?

  4. #4kshansen2018-07-31 16:16

    Guess the "Bendix" was not enough clue, thought the "BW" in the Diamond would be a good clue, maybe this picture will help:

  5. #5Birken Vogt2018-07-31 17:15

    Is it a "D1" governor, predecessor to the "D2"? Just kidding, I don't know what it is but the mounting holes and and "RES" and "UNL" ports make me think it is something governor/compressor related.

  6. #6d9gdon2018-07-31 18:24

    Bendix brake valve for a Michigan 125B rubber tire loader.

  7. #7petepilot2018-08-01 00:35

    late 40s early 50s air governor for most any vehicle with air brakes

  8. #8Birken Vogt2018-08-01 02:26

    May have found it on the internet, not sure how to use this catalog page but look at the fourth group up from the bottom, first line in the group, the number appears after the line of dots. And it is all governor stuff on that page also. http://www.gmpartswiki.com/getpage?pageid=24102

  9. #9kshansen2018-08-01 08:38

    I knew it was an air governor but just did not think it would be so hard these days to find any information on it! One thing I wish I had saved years ago was another air governor that I came across on I believe it was an old Euclid truck. That one worked via a bourdon tube mechanism just like a pressure gauge uses. But in place of moving needle it opened and closed a small air valve something like a float valve in a carb. Speaking of carbs, anyone need a pair of these little two barrels? Wonder if I could adapt one to my Farmall BN to get "More Power"! Must put out serious power to need six bolts to hold it in place!

  10. #10crane operator2018-08-01 17:54

    Well I'm glad you got the picture thing figured out. If I close my eyes and concentrate- this is all I come up with- maybe I'm doing something wrong

  11. #11Junkyard2018-08-01 19:37

    If I could like it twice I would....one for each.....aw shucks nevermind

  12. #12Jumbo2018-08-01 22:27

    If I close my eyes and concentrate- this is all I come up with- maybe I'm doing something wrong That is the most intriguing air governor I have ever seen. My air pressure kept going up until I hyperventilated and returned to "normal." which is the reservoir port and which is the return port, I noticed neither are labeled.