Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone run an 8040 JCB Mini?

jkiser96 ยท 2009-05-27 21:34

I am looking at getting a JCB mini & I'm looking for opinions on these machines. I have a BC430 that has been a good machine but it is time to upgrade a little & my BC salesman has started selling these so since he has always treted me great I will try sticking with him. Any ides or comments are appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1maddog2009-05-28 10:13

    I just bought a jcb 8015{400hrs} smaller then what you're looking at. I have to say what a great little machine so far. I have done things I would have never expected with it. Granted it isn't a 6-8-or 10,000 lb machine but it does a good job, just takes a little longer. I am using it to clean out ponds, put in drainage pipe, move rocks, and even load logs onto a mill.

  2. #2RandyS2009-05-29 23:49

    We had a few we rented, don't really remember any problems other than the pushblade mounting being weak. One of my mechanics bought one that had been rolled a few years back and we finally had to rebuild the engine a few months ago, internal engine parts are pricey