Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone try or buy of the offshore branded crushers?

DenisT · 2024-02-05 19:18

Wondering of anyone have bought one of the HP knock off’s from China? If so how are they performing and are OEM nordburgh or metso part truly interchangeable? I was quoted $115k(usd) I have been buying liners successfully for a few years now at a 50% reduced rate from my old supplier and they have been great< good quality and I had metallurgy testing done and its was on spec, actually slightly better than OEM and some of the regular suppliers.

Replies2
  1. #1CM19952024-02-05 19:31

    Welcome to the Forums DT! Glad to have you.

  2. #2MG842024-02-06 12:51

    A few years ago our local quarry bought one, they went bankrupt shortly thereafter. I know they had other financial troubles, but the made in China crusher was the nail in the coffin. It was constantly down and from what I heard getting parts was tough. It wasn't uncommon to get a load of gravel and find parts of the crusher in it! A larger quarry in the region bought them out and scrapped all of it and started over with better equipment.