Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone using clip on or bolt on rubber shoes?

OBPM ยท 2013-01-09 20:47

Just ordered a new CASE CX235C SR and we need rubber street shoes. We ordered samples from Superior, BLS and MWE. Anyone have any experience with either bolt on or clip on pads? We work mostly in sand but need to travel and cross paved roads on occasion which is why the rubber pads.

Replies16
  1. #1bigshow2013-01-09 21:22

    Used bolt on rubber pads on a 321D lcr and walked for miles swinging barrier on pavement and they held up pretty good. Keep an eye on the bolts as they do loosen up and avoid slopes steeper than a 3:1 and you should be alright.

  2. #2Huntoon2013-01-09 22:23

    Yes, I have purchased from Superior before and haven't heard any complaints. I have purchased both types. Good luck!

  3. #3heavylift2013-01-09 22:40

    conveyor belting works great for crossing roads, cut into 15' lengths with a hand hold cut in each end. We have maybe 8 to 10 pieces. Roll them up when done, they will fit in the side compartment also. Usually 4 pieces will get you across a road, further distance you just need a couple of laborers playing leap frog with the pads. Cost usually free junk stuff from a sand pit or quarry.

  4. #4OBPM2013-01-10 07:34

    Nice! I wonder what I could do with the 16k I would save?

  5. #5heavylift2013-01-10 07:44

    I have a PayPal account that could use $16,000

  6. #6buckfever2013-01-10 19:51

    I priced these once for our 160. Could not believe how expensive they were pluse we were afraid they might come off when turning on pavement. Ended up buying a 18,000 pound ex. with rubber tracks.

  7. #7OBPM2013-01-10 21:49

    MWE's on Left. Everyone that looked at both liked the MWE's over the Superior. MWE's have molded bottoms that fit between grouser bars. Superiors are flat that lay on top. MWE's have 3/4" fine thread bolts w/lock washers. Superiors have 1/2" bolts in 5/8 holes no washers of any type. MWE clips are molded to fit around grouser. Superiors are just bent at right angle. MWE's are $90.00 each. Superiors are $170.00 each. MWS's are made off shore. Superiors are made in USA. $8,820.00 vs. $16,660.00. Which would you choose??????

  8. #8Maola2013-01-11 19:41

    could you skip every other one ???????????????????????????

  9. #9OBPM2013-01-11 19:57

    Both companies say you can but because that effectively doubles the amount of weight on each shoe, it would void any warranty.

  10. #10TrentNz2013-01-11 21:51

    mwe's design looks far better imo

  11. #11Pipelinemech2013-01-11 22:50

    we throw down old tires for road crossing....

  12. #12heymccall2013-01-15 11:11

    I'm setting up to install GTW bny600g pads ($42.75ea x 92) on my 314DLCR. Got the template made to use my Plasma cutter. I was able to buy 20" triple grousers, prepunched, for my 314CLCR that had Cat's craptastic semicontinuous rubber grouser set on steel chains. What a POS that was. For that one, I used RIO Track bolt on road liners (3415006 @ $47ea), that dropped right into the Cat's prepunched holes. I now have 2500 very hard hours on them, with no complaints. This one already has VGC 24" grousers, and we already own the plasma, and, I do NOT trust the "clip-ons" for the abuse my operators throw at these machines.

  13. #13OBPM2013-01-19 16:11

    MWE Cast Clip (left) Superior Steel Clip (Right) BLS Inside Steel Clip BLS Cast Clip (Left) MWE Cast Clip (Right) BLS (Left) MWE (Center) Superior (Right)

  14. #14OBPM2013-02-10 10:56

    MWE's Installed and ready to go. Definitely the best quality and value for the money, all $9,227.68 worth. Took pretty much all day to install but fit perfectly with no issues.

  15. #15Colorado Digger2013-02-10 18:37

    Forget the frickin pads, tell us about the hoe!! Plumbed or not? Thumb?? q/c??. I was sizing up the Link Belt 235 at my dealer's, now i am way jeolous. I think it was about 180k set up the way on wanted. They are smooth as butter...Did you trade anything in on it? My last 225 i bought in 2006 with 300 hours for 150k. take some pictures of that bad boy working. Btw, i always ran every other show with a pad on a 307 i had. Pretty much took em off whenever it wasn't in the street's. Regards, CD

  16. #16OBPM2013-02-10 19:05

    Hey CD, Can't wait to get her prepped and out to the job site. Should be delivered this week. She 's got a Geith Hydraulic QC, Plumbed with High Flow & Secondary Low Flow, Side & Rear View Cameras, Spectra Precision DDS300, Allied 2300 Plate, 42" HD Bucket and an Exca Beak demo attachment and of course the MWE street shoes. $240,000 out the door.