Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone using Harley Rakes to grade existing driveways?

texascadillac42 ยท 2009-10-18 19:40

I just bought a used Harley rake (6ft) for my skidsteer. Bought it because the price was right, but I do have a few gravel driveways that need to be graded. They have been neglected for years and now have some serious potholes in them. Anybody using theirs for gravel drives? Or mostly sticking to dirt with them?

Replies4
  1. #1KSSS2009-10-18 20:08

    The only issue I could see is if the Harley rake would separate the gravel and the fines leaving you a pile of "bones" at the end of your run with the Harley.

  2. #2DigDug2009-10-18 20:26

    I have used them on gravel driveways and it works great to if your driveway has a good coat of small crush gravel on top. If your driveway has alot of large cobble size rocks ,it will make some piles at end like ksss said. doug

  3. #3Steve Frazier2009-10-18 20:41

    I've used mine for dressing driveways and it works great!! I used item 4 to top dress a driveway and graded it with the Harley. When I was done you'd have thought it was put down with a paver.

  4. #4texascadillac422009-10-18 21:48

    Thanks for the responses guys. I will definitely be trying it out on the driveway as soon as I get it here.