Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

anyone using rock grapple bucket for cleanup

Adrian Barrientos ยท 2026-07-15 23:20

we've been spending more time than expected clearing loose rock, broken concrete, and roots before the grading crew can get started. I started looking into rock grapple buckets and came across the Rock Grapple Bucket 72" it's from EMC industrial, which seems like it could make cleanup more efficient than using a standard bucket. Has anyone here used this attachment or something similar on a road or civil project? I'm curious if it actually speeds things up enough to justify having one on site, or if a regular bucket still ends up being the more practical choice for most cleanup work. i'd like to hear your thoughts about this and the website https://emcindustrial.com/products/...skid-steer-20-grapple-width-sturdy-iron-claws

Replies3
  1. #1Tones2026-07-16 00:07

    Not having a flat cutting edge would be a bonus, this one would pick up a lot dirt which you'd have to shake out. Maybe the manufacturer could build you one without if you so desired.

  2. #2Adrian Barrientos2026-07-16 09:12

    that makes sense, I'll check out if they could do just that. thanks for the insight

  3. #3kenworth2026-07-16 10:41

    I recommend this company. https://jenkinsironandsteel.com/ I have purchased 3 different things from them for my skid steer including the Non-Grapple Rock Bucket and am very happy with their products. High Quality Made In USA Stuff. Once you have a rock bucket and use it you will appreciate how great they work for so many tasks. Here is the link for what your looking for. https://jenkinsironandsteel.com/products/Skeleton-Grapple/1/