Just wonder if anyone has worked with the the pre insulated hdpe pipe. We are currently fusing 12" and 20" pipe and it is difficult stuff to roll and line up the channel for the heat trace. has anyone got any tips on the best way to handle this stuff. We have been using straps and rotating the pipe but its heavy pipe and doesn't like to move also tried rolling it but you still got to fine tune it to get the pipe lined up. :beatsme
Here are some pics from the site first one shows the insulated pipe
http://midcomanufacturing.com/Pipe_Roller_Stands/lo-roll-roller-stands.html One model allows for the rotation... plus you can also slide the pipe as you pull to fuse...
When I did it we had a 312 or loader avilable to me to lift pipe and move in to place. I belive it was mcelroy? Machine I used it had carrige that moved back and forth to adjust pipe and push it together to fuse it. Other than cooling times it was easy. Also used a chainsaw to cut to length I used sawzall one time before I went and got chainsaw.
We use a Mc Elroy also and it has a data logger that tracks your joint welds cooling times and all the data we have all the stands that makes moving large pipe a breese just need a fork lift and to move all the pile. the stands are large and you can hold a 1000 feet of six inch.
thanks for the replys. we can move the pipe fine its just hard to rotate to line up the channels for the heat trace. I like the idea of the rollers that go both ways will have to look into where i can find a set thanks.
Look at McElroy we have all the rollers and stands that make it easier to handle the big stuff
had a look at there site they have some impresive equipment but nothing that seems to work for rotating the pipe. We should be done most of the insulated pipe fuseing in a couple of days so will have to make do with the straps for rotating. sure is a big snooze fest waithing for the 24" pipe to cool in 37c deg weather. 40 minute cool times ointhead