Got an upcoming auction that has a d8n in it. ripper with 3 shank(one shank included), looks bush equipped with guards, full ROPS, angle blade, undercarriage looked like sprockets could be replaced soon couldn't go inside the compound to see rails and pins and so on. Looks like an alright machine. http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/halfsoldier/8B53034F-5495-4F31-9F33-B6C894FE204E.jpg http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/halfsoldier/933D46D2-EA19-4D8A-88B2-AC93E8801797.jpg There was also a John Deere 290 lc? excavator there as well. http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/halfsoldier/FBA252D4-D88C-4425-BB16-B6640587E1AD.jpg My question is what I should look for when I go see it? Hopefully I am able to test drive it. I don't know how many hours are on them right now but I'm going to find out. How much do you guys think the d8 weighs? Would I tri axle be enough? Or would a guy need a jeep as well?
The 8N weighs about 82,000 we haul them on 7 axles in Arkansas Our truck trailer combo weighs 132000 with 8N with blade.
Mcdougall is sure getting a pile of iron on their online auctions these days. Would much sooner have a onsite auction though. They list it as a 200 on the website. Looks to be about a 2000 maybe a year or two newer at most. Would sure be nice to see some maintenance records with a sale like that. Being it was repoed you never know. Unless you know the owner of course. I could sure use the lowbed if it's in decent shape and doesn't bring it's weight in gold. Ryan
Yes that was my Mis type it is a 200 lc. I stopped by their yard and took those pictures I put up. That d8n is a 1992. I guess I should keep my mouth shut on the pieces I am interested in it attracts more attention to them.
They advertise almost everywhere so it probably doesn't make to much of a difference. No wories of competition from me as all I need is the lowbed. Allready have a cat and hoe. Don't need more projects.lol.. With the reserve bids from the bank there may not be any deals regardless of how many people are looking at it. They're not going to let it go to cheap I don't think. Least any of the banks or repo guys I've dealt with don't like to give anything away to cheap. Sure not a fan of those buyers premiums either. I don't like going to regina at the best of times so I'll have to be a good deal to get me down there.lol..
Got that right. The fees should be taken from the purchase price not added onto the buyer. They raised the premium from 500 up to $750 which is crap. I was actually looking at the trailer as well because I don't have a big enough trailer to move the 8. Truck is well capable to pull it. I plan on doing to look at it in daylight all three of then to see if It's garbage I'll be sure to let you know on the trailer. I want to be able to test the equipment prior to budding. But I have a feeling I know how far I'll get with that.
Yea everyone thinks they can do it because ritchies is doing it. I know of at least one auctioneer where it's backfired though. They're almost out of it now. Gone from 20-30 auctions a summer to maybe 10 or 15. Used to be a booming buisness but it's sure gone downhill. I suspect I'll end up waiting for the next recession in Ab. but ya never know.(no offence to our Ab members but we all know it's a boom and bust province) If crude stays down to 35-45 bucks a barrel till next Jan I'm pretty sure there will be some surplus equipment come back through ritchies again. Would appreciate any info even if I don't get anything it's nice to know what kind of shape stuff is actually in. We all know it aint always as good as it looks in the pics.lol..