Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Apprenticeship test

coleenj78 ยท 2016-02-04 12:41

Well wish me luck, tomorrow's the day I take the apprenticeship test, I wish I could find something to study

Replies8
  1. #1old-iron-habit2016-02-04 21:38

    Good Luck. Probably basic learning skills test to see if you are wired for the trade and to insure you csn read, write, and do the math. If they expected you to known everything about the trade itself they wouldn't have an apprentice school. Let us know how it turns out.

  2. #2390eric2016-02-04 23:30

    Every time I took it I found it really didn't have much to do with the trade and more with general knowledge. A lot of thinking and problem solving questions

  3. #3coleenj782016-02-05 19:02

    Well I didn't pass today I got 130 out of 160, the math got me, so now I'll study my a** off and be back in thirty days, slightly disappointed to say the least rrrr

  4. #4mitch5042016-02-05 22:51

    Yeah, but now you know what to expect, you'll get it next time!

  5. #5coleenj782016-02-06 09:56

    It's made me even more determined, someone told me LA at night it's cause I'm female needless to say it pissed me right off

  6. #6old-iron-habit2016-02-06 16:36

    No worries, the test is the same for everybody. There are still a few that can't accept the opposite gender in the work place. To me it never made a difference. All hired help either did the job and stayed or failed to do the job and got laid off. Gender made no difference. We had a gal in North Dakota in the 70s that could move more dirt with a Cat 666 scraper than any man on the crew of 20, and a good Catskinner to boot. Her husband was good to but she was better.

  7. #7hetkind2016-02-06 17:19

    If you need a math tutor, let me know...

  8. #8coleenj782016-02-07 08:53

    I do