Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Apt building weight per square foot

baexcavating ยท 2016-01-27 09:52

Bidding a apt building demo, 2 story, 24 unit with full basement, brick exterior. Looking for a rough estimate on a weight per square foot.

Replies4
  1. #1hetkind2016-01-27 10:50

    We need a tad more data, what are floors, walls and roof built from? 2x4 and dry rock with brick veneer will be much different than cinderblock walls and poured concrete floors and roof! And all we real need to do is look at ONE apartment on the bottom and one on the top! Concrete is 3k/yd^3, as is brick and drywall, and roof structures can be heavy also. Howard

  2. #2movindirt2016-01-29 00:09

    Usually when I look at demo work I look at what the materials are that were used to build the building, then I have a close estimate as to how much will fit in a tandem load, and most of the time with the tandem packed full (15 yds or so) its 2-4 tons (packing with a 20 ton hoe). thats only wood and sheetrock and other landfill worthy material. Brick and concrete go to a fill site and the steel gets scrapped. Basically what I mean is without seeing the building in question I can't give much in the way of advice, a picture is worth a thousand words... Be sure you peal as much brick and block off and away from the structure before you start tearing it down, mixing that in with the landfill pile will run your dump costs up very quickly.

  3. #3Wolf2016-01-31 01:56

    Did you win the bid? are you going to do the demo? what is the building made of? where is it located? how old is it? what kind of equipment do you have to wreck it with?

  4. #4Rozay2016-02-23 13:39

    Don't really know too much about demolitions, but quite interested... Does type of machinery differ depending on what type of material the building is made of?