Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Are the Deere 624k-ii loaders equipped with integrated scale from the factory?

kfly101 ยท 2024-11-11 21:07

I have a 2014 Deere 624k that had the integrated scale on it when I bought it. I find myself using it way more than I thought I would. Now I am looking at purchasing a lower hour machine but it does not have the scale option activated. It is a 2018 624k-ii and I am wondering if all these machines are built with the scale hardware and it is just a matter of activation or if I would have to get something physically installed to have the scale functions.

Replies5
  1. #1mg23612024-11-12 05:40

    Welcome to HEF kfly101 ! I do not believe that can be added. Do you have the serial number of the machine in question?

  2. #2kfly1012024-11-12 08:10

    The pin number on the machine i was looking at. 1DW624KHJJF685929

  3. #3kfly1012024-11-12 09:13

    If the integrated scale is not an option are there other options that are relatively easy to install and use on a payloader? I load a lot of different types of fertilizer and I don't need super tight accuracy but it is nice to be able to get a relatively close estimate recorded for each load for application.

  4. #4mg23612024-11-12 12:04

    That serial number indicates no payload scale in the build codes, so no, it is not something that can be turned on. Just Google it. There are plenty of manufacturers that produce systems for wheel loaders.

  5. #5kfly1012024-11-12 13:12

    I have googled it, that's partly what brought me here. Yes there are lots of options. Maybe my question should have been does anyone have any recommendations on a good system? Thanks for the responses so far!