Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Are there Liners in Ford BSD444T Engine??

Brodiesel ยท 2020-08-19 22:06

Hi I haven't posted in a while but I'm back now on my diesel grind. I'm rebuilding a BSD444T / 268 diesel from a FORD 575D. (The engine is New Holland, has the logos all over it). Anyone with experience on these? They seem common enough, a lot of parts availability. #4 cylinder is shot, engine overheated and rod bearing seized. My question is do these come factory with cylinder liners/dry sleeves? I'm staring at the block and I can't really tell, it all looks like one casting. In reference to the Ford parts manual it is a service item but I can't tell if it's factory. I just did a similar repair on an Isuzu 4BD2 engine, not bad, I'm hoping for a similar repair here.

Replies1
  1. #1Swetz2020-08-20 08:18

    I have no experience on this engine, however, when I look on Messicks the drawing is slightly different from the one you posted (see below). There is also a picture. The picture looks like a liner to me. Additionally, when I look up overhaul kits, some come with liners. Perhaps someone with actual experience will chime in. https://www.ebay.com/c/1528310225