Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

are these Aeroquip couplers repairable?

Mike Van · 2021-02-22 10:30

I have a bunch of these that won't seal any more. Anyone know if these's an o-ring inside that can be replaced? They've gotten kind of $$$$ to just chuck out -

Replies4
  1. #1Shimmy12021-02-22 11:00

    Welcome to the world of Chinese ****. Even the expensive ones only last a little longer.

  2. #2Sberry2021-02-22 11:30

    Most can be serviced. That looks like a plug vs the coupling? Mine have a rubber washer, I flip them over and even clean them once in a while.

  3. #3lantraxco2021-02-24 00:06

    That end you may be able to replace the internal seal by just depressing the inner poppet. Small arbor press or maybe a C clamp or vise with a small dowel pin or bolt?

  4. #4whizbang2021-04-15 12:07

    Do you have a PN? There might be a rebuild kit I could reference for you. Is it an aero quip part. Photo of the female coupler?