Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

arnes trailer air ride

jook24 ยท 2017-04-16 12:54

I have a 1995 arnes lowbed it has air ride but not leveling valve its never had one i bought it from orginal owner all it has is a ball valve to dump the air and close to air it up did some trailers come out like that contacted the manufactuer but they didn't have any info. the bags just air up all the way.

Replies3
  1. #1Junkyard2017-04-16 13:41

    To function properly it would need a leveling valve. I can't see how it would function without it. Maybe a regulator but even that wouldn't be ideal. It wouldn't be hard to put a leveling valve on it. The most common generic valve would work fine and not be expensive or hard to install. I can't believe it doesn't blow bags. Can't ride worth a flip either being jacked up like that. I suppose there's a way it would work but I can't imagine what it would be. It's total air ride? Not air over spring? Send some pics of things if you can. Junkyard

  2. #2Shimmy12017-04-16 14:01

    I think the owner is talking out his backside. Have you crawled around it yet? Some trailers have two leveling valves, one for each side. They are tucked up tight next to the frame. If the trailer is all covered up over the wheels and axles, they might be hard to see. I find it impossible to believe the air bags would last any time at all without some sort of control on air pressure.

  3. #3jook242017-04-16 22:18

    K posted pic of valve, tag say's lever up for normal ride lever down to deflate, when I'm empty I can see tires moving up and down. Have only used trailer couple times since I bought it I always load with bags deflated then air up they will air up bout half way then when I get bout mile or two down the road I can tell they are full its 10 wide trailer all lines valve are original yes my truck has two leveling valves and yes I crawled underneath. Like I said he bought it new hauled D7s and big hoe. I have a spring ride lowbed rides rough this one is a lot smoother. Thanks for reply