Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ARTICLATING TRUCKS looking at buying need info

EARTHWORM ยท 2015-03-22 11:52

looking at cat d25d , d30d and e 250 the big thing to me is trany in them the d25 d30 are $ 8000 the e 250 are $ 15000 witch is a better truck is best im not looing to put a lot of hours on it just need it for a job thanks ew

Replies3
  1. #1mowingman2015-03-22 13:01

    Do you just have to buy a Cat. The Volvo articulated trucks have always had Cat beat in design, performance, and reliability. I would suggest a Volvo A25.

  2. #2EARTHWORM2015-03-22 14:09

    no I don't have to have cat just don't want to spend a lot of money to spend

  3. #3CDUB2015-03-22 18:49

    I've got a d25d and a d300b. The d25 is really nimble and has been very reliable. A couple of drawbacks are that the top speed is considerably slower than the d300 and carry back seems to hurt the capacity more. It also seems to be a little less stable than the 6 wheel design. But all of that considered, I think the cheaper price of the d25 is worth it's shortcomings, especially for a low use machine.