Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

As I promised some of the clearing equipment on MD job

hoeman600 ยท 2009-04-30 21:47

here ya go

Replies31
  1. #1hoeman6002009-04-30 21:51

    yep some more they seem to like JD

  2. #2hoeman6002009-04-30 21:54

    ahh yes even more

  3. #3hoeman6002009-04-30 21:57

    but wait I have more dont leave!

  4. #4hoeman6002009-04-30 22:00

    last feuw

  5. #5hoeman6002009-04-30 22:02

    I wanted to play too

  6. #6Dig-UP2009-04-30 22:04

    Looks like fun. :drinkup

  7. #7D5G2009-04-30 22:28

    Nice! How many did you take down with the 365?

  8. #8JimBruce422009-05-01 01:28

    trade? Hey Kevin, I'll trade ya that 365 for your old 350 straight up! Sure it's kinda leakin a little from the hydraulic pump and a few lines. The AC works great at night and in the winter, and the radio does work too as well as a CB to yell at site truckers. Whatya say? :cool2 Seriously though, nice photos, as always.

  9. #9Bajak2009-05-01 02:36

    Are you pushing the right tree? :cool2Oh wait, I can see it now. Thanks for turning the lights on.

  10. #10hoeman6002009-05-01 04:34

    0 but I did dig out some BIG stumps for them:drinkup

  11. #11Wolf2009-05-01 15:07

    Those are some pretty big trees you are pushing with the hoe man. The trees don't stand a chance. LOL. Good work, bro.

  12. #12dryblls2009-05-04 14:51

    the trailer that is being loaded, is that a live (walking) floor trailer ? anyone know how they stand up to C &D demo? how about when loded with firewood? thanks

  13. #13JAK52009-05-07 09:12

    Clearing & Biomass Equipment Check out the pictures of the operation chipping into wagons and dumping them into 40' roll off trailers that also dump. These guys are pulling and blowing the material into the wagons with a mobile chipper.

  14. #14ScottAR2009-05-08 19:02

    Now that's a use for cotton wagons I had not thought of. Great pics!!

  15. #15hvy 1ton2009-05-08 19:34

    There was a pic i saw somewhere of a forwarder that looked a lot like yours, i know it was atleast a k2 with a chipper. The caption said that the chipper/powerpack was built by Fecon, do you know who made the chipper unit?

  16. #16JAK52009-05-11 16:52

    FECON is working on using the K2 carrier and marketing a mobile chipper. K2 builds a good heavy duty rubber tired carrier (4wd & 6wd) and will design a rear section to the needs of the customer... Chippers, water tanks & pumps, log bunks, grapples, clam bunks, drill rigs, dump boxes, .....

  17. #17Bellboy2009-05-14 11:25

    I would like to know what you call the attachment on that wheel loader, on the JD 644J, i think...

  18. #18hvy 1ton2009-05-14 13:14

    It depends which pics your talking about. In the first few there is a wheel loader with a hi-dump bucket. Useful for loader very high trailers or feed mixers(dairies) with light material. The other is a rake/grapple combo. Good for keeping dirt out of the wood pile, either for burning or grinding.

  19. #19natemcmurtrey2009-05-15 13:14

    I don't think your asking about a jd644j. I think your asking about the tigercat wheeled buncher. Its a bunching head for cutting trees down and piling them together for the skidders. They work great on wheeled machines when on fairly level ground.

  20. #20Bellboy2009-05-16 01:55

    Thanks for that, I really meant the rake/ grapple combo. Is it useful to have? I've only ever seen bucketed machines around here, even when used by bush clearing contractors, I've plenty of protective get ups on wheel loaders, but nothing like that. You see, I want to study forestry engineering, and then go into a similar business to what is happening on your job there, mainly trying to clear invader species of vegetation and also as general lend prep like that. I've been looking around and found many machines like that on this forum, all related to initial land prep, so I am interested in getting one of these attachments for my wheel loaders, when I get them eventually. Is that a JD made attachment? Thank you, but I really was enquiring about the 644J machine with the rake/grapple combo, not the Tigercat/ JD wheeled feller buncher. How much is that rake/ grapple combo used, Hoeman?

  21. #21dirtyducks2009-05-16 21:13

    Tell me more info on those mobile chippers.They look like they might be the setup in my line on buisness.Who makes them

  22. #22Bellboy2009-05-17 01:59

    Do you mean the trailer rigs? I fits the red one with the conveyor sticking off the one end, then i think its a Morbark(?), looks like one of the larger ones, so I would venture to say that it is probably a 1600 or so. If that's not useful, try this link... http://www.morbark.com/Equipment/Equipment.htm One thing that I'm impressed with is that Morbark makes attachments for loaders and excavators, namely debris shears, rotating grapples, and rake/ grapple combos. Anybody know more about these attachments?

  23. #23hvy 1ton2009-05-17 17:56

    When you say moblie are we talking trailer mounted, tracked, or forwarder mounted? What is line on, are we talking Right of Way clearance?:beatsme If your wanting a tracked or trailer grinder, i've always heard good things about CBI. I think tonka used to run one and i know trainwreck works with one or two. As for the forwarder mounted ones, there aren't very many factory options. Fecon is working one as mentioned above and there are a couple of european companies that offer them. Other than that its time to break out the welder.

  24. #24dirtyducks2009-05-17 21:39

    I was talking about the forwarder mounted chipper.My line of buisness is r/w clearing.Powerlines,gaslines,waterlines,etc. I run fecon heads on tigercat 760,726 and hydro ax 721,also have a shinn excavator mounted grinder. I have a chipper that will handle 21 inch material but the forwarder chipper looked like it might work well in swamps and wetlands working off mat roads.

  25. #25JAK52009-05-18 10:36

    I think these units would work very well for you. They were designed specifically to carry a chipper and work off road. Being they are rubber tired instead of tracks they are a lot more agile and have a higher top speed. Give me a call (906)428-5199 or email me ( [email protected] ) and I can send you information and pictures. Otherwise any FECON rep should be able to help you.

  26. #26tonka2009-05-18 11:29

    Yea i used to run tree grinders, we had a Morbark, Diamond Z, Peterson, and a Hogzilla. I never run one on a chassis though.

  27. #27JAK52009-05-19 19:56

    I forgot to mention .. go to www.youtube.com and type in "k2 940" it should bring up more pictures of these machines

  28. #28Tenspot2009-05-28 11:37

    great pics, thanks for sharing!~

  29. #29D5G2009-06-12 00:36

    any updates, hoeman?

  30. #30Deereman2009-10-05 12:23

    Bellboy, those brush rakes or grapple rakes are fairly common around here. A new one would cost I'm guessing around 8-$15,000 new and can find some used between 5 to 10. Mostly sitting on machines between a 544 and 624 and a few 644's. And I couldn't even begin to count how many I have saw on 953s,963, and 655Cs.

  31. #31grapple12009-11-25 00:00

    cool pics, good lookin gear. heard rumour the knuckleboom loaders as ancient of a design as they are, are starting to slowly phase out and the processors are starting to take over. IE: Waratah, Just what I heard today from a guy who covers coast to coast.