Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Assistance with identifying part and sourcing on Komatsu PC220-3 serial #22144

TrueGritNY · 2025-08-01 22:54

I inherited an old Komatsu excavator that ran like a champion (full engine rebuild/replacement from what I've heard.) The last time we had it running, it blew a hydraulic line. I replaced the line, then noticed there was no response when using the stick to control the boom. After some searching, a broken sensor (as far as I know) was found. I was also curious if there are any electronics inside the housing, or if I could simply use alligator clips connected to the broken housing to the terminals. I would not attempt that without a definite answer on exactly how the wire works. Below are the potential part numbers I found in my parts books and through online research. ### Excavator Parts Provided | **Part Number** | **Description / Function** | |---------------------|------------------------------------------------| | 206-06-42114 | Wire harness (likely for engine or cab control systems) | | 205-06-72250 | Wire harness (possibly pump or valve interface) | | 205-06-71931 | Wire harness (electrical routing component) | | 205-06-71941 | Wire harness (no listing confirmed; likely subassembly) | | 7861-99-4520 | Hydraulic oil pressure sensor (original spec for PC220-3) | | — | Broken sensor shown in uploaded image (matched to 7861-99-4520) |

Replies2
  1. #1Coaldust2025-08-01 23:02

    Yeah, you can use butt connectors, or whatever. You can purchase a terminal kit for those.

  2. #2Universal Parts2025-08-03 02:31

    It looks like a pressure sensor. Could you upload two more pictures? One of the intact part on the ground, and one of the disassembled part in its place on the machine. That way I can confirm.