I got an asv sr 70 with around 700 hrs on it and the battery keeps getting drained. I think there's a power draw somewhere in the machine but I don't know where. I have to disconnect the battery in between days to keep it from needing a jump. Any ideas on where to troubleshoot or should I call a dealer? Additionally, some people say I shouldn't jump it with a truck. That it could damage the alternator (on truck or machine? I don't know which), and I should use a jumper pack to get it going. Any insight on this either? Any help would be appreciated.
Take the negative terminal a put a test light between it and the battery .Pull one fuse at a time to see if test light goes outs.Than you have a idea were to to look .Also try disconnecting alternator and starter with test light install if there is a draw light will go out when you disconnect them.Alternator and starter could be shorted internaly.
I should hope it's not the starter. Might have to pull the engine for that. By put the test light in between the battery and the terminal you mean just clip the light to the negative terminal right?
no, you disconnect the battery terminal, and put one end of the test light on the battery, and one end on the cable. If you have a voltmeter, and you use it instead, you will be able to compare several drains. The higher the voltage reading, the worse the drain.
^^^^ the fuse pulling/test light is the easiest way to diagnose, or just put a remote battery disconnect in.
Make sure the battery tests good as well. You probably have already done this, but 700 hrs in my ASV's means a new battery. ( vibration) An internal short in battery will give same symptoms.