Hello, I am working on an ASV RC30 CTL which is having an issue of consistently blowing the piston seals from both bucket tilt cylinders. When freshly repacked if you rack the bucket all the way back and let off the controls it will drop about 3/4” then hold a load quite well until you work the machine and the seals blow within half n hour. One observation I’ve made is that one cylinder is not original, the barrel measures 1.5” longer than the other. Owner claims he’s owned it for 9 months and this has never caused him trouble… When I start the machine I get immediate flow out of the line which supplies oil to the retract port of the tilt cylinders. Is this normal? With the cylinder out of the equation during bucket dump function I get oil shooting out of both extend and retract feed lines, this led me down the path of thinking the control valve was at fault. I assumed a previous blown seal made its way into the control valve so completely have it disassembled on a bench and found no faults in the control valve. The pilot joystick is making a strange humming sound when tilting back the bucket to add to the confusion. I can’t fathom how the pilot circuit could cause oil to be sent to both ends of the cylinder the spool can only shift one way or the other. Any help is appreciated Thanks
I would start with getting proper cylinder. There shouldn't be any directional flow until you move the joy stick. Considering you already jumped on the control valve, you may have a joystick issue after all.(blown O-ring)? Axillary switch in wrong position?
Put control valve back in both extend and retract ports get oil as soon as the machine is started. Pilot pressure is correct. No cylinder movement either way now, pump doesn’t even load up.
Aside from a fault in the control valve that I did not notice, is there any way that a closed center spool valve can supply oil flow to both work ports at the same time well centered?
A crack in valve body
Thank you this was my conclusion as well. Valve on order