Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ASV RC30 Pilot control shimming

OMF ยท 2025-01-18 16:50

I've just replaced the seals on my pilot controls and noticed that on the machine control handle there were shims that allowed a slight gap between the plungers and the handle when at rest in the neutral position. On the other side.....the loader control side, there weren't any shims, and the handle in the neutral position depresses each plunger a slight amount. My question,....is there supposed to be a slight gap between the handle and the plungers in the loader side as well? ASV doesn't provide any setup information at all, they just want you to buy a new unit. I think the pilot control is the same as the ones in the CAT 247,257, 267,277,287 machines, so do they provide any setup information? Any info is muchly appreciated!

Replies2
  1. #1Arny L2025-01-18 22:23

    Providing all your plungers are at the identical height, which they should be. I have always adjusted the joystick contact plate, to have the least amount of clearance, were talking a couple of thousandths, all the way around, or as close as you can get it. Ultimately you don't want, any plunger being engaged in neutral, and you don't want a sloppy joystick either.

  2. #2OMF2025-01-25 14:25

    That's sort of what I thought, there should be a very slight gap when at rest in neutral position without being sloppy. I was hoping someone with Cat maintenance documents would provide some setup info from that. It even has a Cat part # on the controller. Thanks for your input Arny.