Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ASV SR80 questions

kckc ยท 2014-02-03 22:49

Hi Would appreciate any help. I am a new CTL owner. Bought a used, low hours SR80 and have run into an issue. Using with no problem, stopped to momentarily get out of the cab so I put the parking brake on. I got an alarm sound. Turned off the parking brake and the alarm turned off. I got up out of my seat to look around and the seat alarm sounds (seems like same alarm, same location). Sit back down and alarm goes off. So I get out of the machine and I have what looks like a small hydraulic leak coming from a hose where the arm joins at the rear of the machine. I just had a rear view camera installed but there were no issues after it was installed. I overfilled the hydraulic oil but that wouldn't cause a leak would it? The oil was low when I got it but there weren't any signs of leakage anywhere. So, a couple of questions - where can I obtain a wiring schematic for this machine? I've called a local dealer but not really getting as much assistance as I'd like (didn't buy the machine from them). Are there any troubleshooting manuals for this type of situation? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #105Dmax2021-09-20 17:59

    Hi kckc, Well I'm in the same boat as you in a way. I have a 2007 SR80 and seem to be having a shorting issue within that safety circuit but am in need of a electrical schematic/Master repair manual. I have pulled the seat and all of the interior panels out including the switches looking for wear areas that may have shorted together to no avail. I did get it to run yesterday for about 5 minutes thinking I found a switch issue(bucket level switch innards in pieces) but checking other components it shorted right away. I turned the fan switch on and now it locked up again and will not start. I have both the seat switch and the seatbelt switch jumpered so I have continuity between those 2 items. All and All looking for someone who has found an electrical wiring diagram that would be willing to share. 2014-2021 is a long time in between but figured I'd give it a shot. All the best, Lenny M