Hey guys, after replacing both computers and all the wiring harnesses along with an alternator and all the sensors/ solenoids on the pump, it is still acting up. both computers are blinking as they should, but the pump seems to be loading up hard and it's very jolty when boom & bucket functions are moved. Can anyone tell me what the symptoms of a bad pressure sensor would be as well as an angle sensor not set properly. I can't get the angle sensor set to 4.5 volts. The lowest I can get the voltage is 6.1 with the sensor all the way back on the bolts. I took the bolts out and moved it down to 4.5 and it still did the same problems. With the a/s set at 4.5 it seemed to load the motor at idle a tiny bit. Normal? As for the pressure sensor my old one isn't reading anything on the multimeter. I was told the pressure sensor should read 2.5 ohms on the 20 setting. Both my new ones I got are around 55-65.0 ohms.. So that's not right. And my old one isn't reading anything. The hp solenoids are showing the correct ohms. Rpm sensor is new and showing the correct ohms aswell. only the p sensor and a/s can be the problem that I can think of. So I guess what I'm trying to figure out is if a bad or incorrect ohms p sensor and a incorrectly setup angle sensor would cause heavy pump load up when functions are moved and the jolting. Boom didn't seem to jolt but the bucket and stick are..
When you set the angle sensor up did it have the spring clip over the shaft? also did it have the dot which is stamped on the shaft facing away from the wiring loom?
What diesel tech said is correct. I never really had a lot of success setting those sensors using ohms as opposed to Dr. EX. If I remember correctly the -2 used an adjustable main control valve sending unit for the pump was adjustable and the adjustment had to be set exactly to spec. Also If memory is correct, the -2 series had a horrible reputation for being jerky due mainly to the pilot joysticks. You have replaced a lot of costly items without fixing your problem. By your description of problems, think about how the ssystem works. If you select a function, it first has to stroke the pump for flow. The angle sensor is telling the PVC what the flow is and the P sensor whts the pressure is, speed sensor where the engine rpm is. When the cylinder reaches full stroke obviously the P sensor goes to full signal to the controller, the engine will be loaded to a stall high idle. At that point the control circuit should destroke the pumps sothere is a balance between pressure, engine rpm and flow, so the higher the pressure goes, the lower the flow and the engine rpm is able to naintain what the throttle control is set at. If Dr EX or rather Dr ZX was on it, you should be able to monitor three of those functions at once and determine the circuit that is missing to maintain the balance needed to get it to run as it should.
alright, to the dot is facing away from me when standing outside the pump with the door open, and is away from the wiring side, I carefully inserted the spring clip onto the pump and then carefully installed the sensor. I'm going to see if I can hunt down some stuff today from brikers (my work) and try again.if I'm unable to get it working after that I'm going to try and get my dr.zx working and diagnose with that. or call wajax to come diagnose with there system..
Is that Brickers you work as in Tim Brikers from north of the border who does one heck of a job at repairing smashed up cabs ?
yes sir that's us...