This is something I've been thinking about for some time. When I first joined the forum, not in my wildest dreams would I have thought that I would become so active on HEF. I have since discovered it's a favorite place of mine, and a place where I have found a number of good neighbors from pretty much around the world. I initially chose the name ATCOEQUIP because that's who I am, at least at present. But I have thought about it, and if God be willing, I plan to be at this site long after I'm no longer at ATCO. Whenever the time comes for me to move on to other things, it would certainly be prudent on my part to change my name at that time. But the more I ponder it, that's only putting off the inevitable. Since the need to change my screen name would be appropriate then, why put it off any longer. So with all humility, and being of a contrite heart, I enter the court of the Admins and respectfully request that my screen name be changed to willie59, that is if I catch one in a generous mood. :tong
Done!
Thanks Steve. :notworthy
Hmmpf. I'd have said no. :tong But now, since you have the ability as a Mod to do so, you have to go back through the forums and change all references to your former screen name. I.E., anyplace where it says "ATCO would know the answer to that...", or "Ask ATCO. He knows all that stuff...", You need to change it to "willie59 would know..." I mean, we're nothing but a bunch of dumb excavators, and we're easily confused. It's just not fair to us to do something that mentally challenging. :cool2 On edit: That would, of course, include anywhere that one of your 5,500+ posts was quoted as well...
I understand completely digger. But upon much pondering, the problem would only grow worse as time goes by. Better to take the medicine and get it over with.
I'd like to change my name to ATCO.............he is soooooooo popular.I don't think that I could fill his shoes though. .Ron G
What the? ......... Where the?........... Who the?........... You realize we now we have a Superwillie :yup........ that's just doesn't sound right :spaz ......... I think there should have been a poll regarding this.
It's available, for a fee of course...
Jeez! This is going to be almost as bad as learning a new name for a woman. Maybe put a sticky up for a while? There are some things an old guy should not have to go through anymore. Learning a new name is one of them.
Good thing that you kept your same avatar as a visual link. Changing that at the same time would have resulted in mass confusion.
Are you from Chicago?LOL.Ron G
Ok so i'l be the first to welcome you willie59! (not that you'll need it ) And so tell us were did the name come from?
I'll take a punt - Paul WILLI s - born 19 59
You guys are friggen hilarious. :lmao :falldownlaugh Alrman; ding ding ding ding! Winner winner chicken dinner!
Im still trying to figure out what a sceen is.
Well shut my mouth, nice catch cutting edge. I'll fix that right now. Thanks.
I am betting everyone will catch on pretty quick, especially when he continues to help us out. Glad you didn't add Wet or Slick on to the front, that might of been just a little much.
i am thoroughly and utterly disgusted and confused. am i still qball? we love ya, brother.
It will pass Q, but castor oil may help. :drinkup
:crying R.I.P. ATCO :crying
LoL, I ain't going nowhere, still same old me, just a different name.
So A famous brand is changing, the marathon bar became a snickers, Daewoo became Chevrolet, Datsun became Nissan,and now Atco has been rebadged as Willie59. Have you people no shame??? ...............confusing us poor old duffers............ rest in piece ATCO.............suppose I'll get used to it.............NOT.....................................
Ahh, my Irish friend, I've been waiting for you to grace this thread with your writing skills. Rest easy my friend, it's a name that I hope carries me beyond my employment to my grave.
You hardly expect me to let this historic event pass without comment, now do you!
On the contrary, expected you to.
so "ATCO" Willie59 how long before you retire?? when your screen name changes should your post count restart also?? lmao I am just glad your here keep up the good work
Retire? Well, I hope no time soon.
Atco still can get the image of you with a red plaited pony tail out of my head........................ holding a guitar with a hole in it crooning about being on the road again................
Well stock, I used to be red headed, grandkids have turned it gray, and I've been know to play a flat top and belt out a tune, so you're mental image isn't that far from reality.
Can we still call you ATCO? It should be where one day a year everyone on the Forum still calls you ATCO. You know....................kind of like April Fools Day. Just kidding of course. Seriously though, I don't think anyone has made more of a positive impact on this Forum by joining than you have. I also hope you are around a long time.:notworthy
I will definitely agree with that. Keep up the great work.
The real reason he changed his name is trying to avoid the weather I've been sending to Atco.
Good thing he didn't add Little to the front.Man talk about the little jokes.
Different name to protect the Innocent mmmm maybe the guilty.
Bring it on you sawed off side winding scizzorbill..."hain't skeer'd" Bah ha ha hahahaha :avid