Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ATF Dexron II in hydraulic system of excavator Atlas-Terex TC225LC

LeonLL ยท 2018-08-16 13:23

Hello everyone, I've just bought an hydraulic excavator Atlas-Terex TC225LC '07 and on the first maintaince I've found that hydraulic system was full of red ATF Dexron II. Also there was a canister for refilling with ATF DX II mark on it, so there is no mistake. Does it makes sense to use ATF in hydraulic system? Will I have any problem to change it on HVLP 32 or 46 for example? Also will it cause any problems to mix some Dexron wich will be left in cylinedrs with fresh hydraulic oil? Thanks in advance!

Replies1
  1. #1blitz1382018-09-13 15:22

    Leon, You can use ATF instead of hydraulic oil, it wont do any harm. You wont have any problems switching back either. You want to check to make sure your Terex machine doesnt need a TO-4 fluid. Both ATF and To-4 have a friction modifier for wet brake/wet clutch applications.