Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Attachments and Oil Contamination

JS300 ยท 2017-09-23 15:24

I looked at a Kubota SVL 75-2 this morning to replace the Case 450 I have been running. The kubota is new and I'm wondering about using the attachments I have with it. The Case used 10w-30, I figure the Kubota has the Super UTD fluid. I plan on just draining the hoses and cylinders on all the attachments before hooking them up to the Kubota then changing the oil at 50 hrs. Am I crazy or does anybody even worry about this stuff? I bet my tree shear alone holds 1-1.5 gallons of oil I have 6-7 attachments, thats a lot of oil cross contamination.

Replies2
  1. #1Cmark2017-09-23 17:06

    I don't think it's a bad idea to flush out your attachments. With a new machine you will probably need to have an oil sampling routine for the warranty, and mixing the new oil with oil from your attachments will mess up your baseline right from the start. Not hard to do. Connect the attachment's feed hose to the machine and put the return line into your waste oil bucket. Run the attachment until the old oil is flushed out. Top up the hydraulic tank and repeat with your other attachments.

  2. #2JS3002017-09-23 18:10

    Good advice. Thanks