Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

– Attachments for CAT 314 Excavator– are they the same as for CAT 312 or CAT 315?

rvander2 ยท 2017-01-03 18:27

Hi All, I'm looking for a root rake for my CAT 314, and it seems I can find lots of root rakes for CAT 312 and CAT 315, -- but none (at least no used ones) for CAT 314 excavaotors. Does anyone know if attachments for any other excavators will fit my CAT 314? -- it has 65mm pins on the quick couple and stick. Thanks in advance, Bob

Replies7
  1. #1John C.2017-01-03 19:34

    People are going to want to know whether it is an A, B, C, D or E model machine. There are differences between some if not all of them.

  2. #2rvander22017-01-03 20:15

    Sorry about that-- I should add, I'm a farmer-- not a professional heavy equipment operator- My machine is a CAT 314C LCR, with the short stick (about 8' 5") and a quick couple. Also it is plumbed for an accessory at the end of the stick-- but I'm only using the mechanical thumb that came with the machine right now. Thanks

  3. #3John Shipp2017-01-04 01:01

    I've shared buckets between a 312B and a 314C, both had quick hitch with cat dimensions to fit original buckets. 315 is step up in size, won't fit. If you measure your current bucket, think its 65mm pin, ~221mm between bosses, 407mm pin centres.

  4. #4rvander22017-01-04 08:13

    Hi John, Thanks for the info-very helpful. I get the pin diameter measurement and the distance between pins-- but what is the "221mm between bosses-- and why does that matter? thanks again, Bob

  5. #5rvander22017-01-04 12:11

    John, Sorry about that last question-- I just wasn't thinking== you are spot on with all 3 dimensions. Does anyone else know of other models of CAT that have buckets/attachments that will fit the quick couple on a 314C/ Thanks in advance. Bob

  6. #6John Shipp2017-01-04 19:33

    Bob, I went and bumped up a thread you can look at called "pin-on bucket mounting specs" by Stumpwally (now somewhere near top of excavator forum), page 4 post 60 gives pdf link to what you're asking. Looks like 311, 312, 313 and your 314 all share buckets. John

  7. #7rvander22017-01-04 23:36

    Thanks John! This is exactly what I've been looking for! This will broaden the available root rakes I can look at. --Much appreciated! Bob