I have some questions on bellhousing bolt patterns. 1. Do a Cummins 504 and a Cat 3208 have the same bolt pattern? 2. Does Deere have an engine that has the same bolt pattern of any of the above? 3. What other engines do you know of that have the same bolt patterns as different makes? In otherwords what engines are interchangeable with each other?
I'm thinking that where the bell housing bolts to the engine will be different on all those. I'm sure the bolt patterns for mounting the transmission, torque converter or industrial clutch are set by the SAE. I also seem to remember that there are other critical dimensions also. Distance between the front mounting flange and rear mounting flange was usually different depending on the output components. There might be some engineering books somewhere that explains this but I haven't seen them. Good Question!
I know the 3208 and the 8.2L Detroit have the same bolt pattern. I have a guy that will know. Will post as soon as I get the answers. Jon
Shuttle shift question I have a Ford 555B with mechanical shuttle shift. When using the shuttle shift, the transmission is not staying engaged. Machine will start to move, but when I increase RPM it will all the sudden disengage as if I had move the shuttle ship to neutral. The strange thing is that I could get it to stay engaged by fiddling with the key or light switch. The wiring is all messed up and there are no lights installed, but there must be some sort of electrical shutoff or control of the transmission. Can anyone tell me what to look for? Thanks for any help. I'm a new user and could not post to a new thread.