Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Auction in Kansas 1948 D8 1970’s d7f

heavylift ยท 2012-03-25 20:16

DOZER 1948 Cat D-8 hydraulic converted dozer with Pony motor; 1970s Cat D7F power shift, like new under carriage, non running engine, engine needs repair http://martyreadauction.com/beth.html 31 March 2012

Replies1
  1. #1dodgent2012-03-31 23:33

    Im sorry if Im not going about this the right way to Post but I am new and dont know of any other way to do this ------I just bought a HD10 Allis with a Baker setup on it at an auction 3 miles from Salem NE the 23rd - It hadnt been ran for 20 years out in the weather so you can imagine what shape it is in, but within 30 min we had it running. My problem is I can get the blade up, it has a front mounted hydraulic pump on it, I notice there is a Knob on the top of the pump that turns easily, can someone tell me what this knob is for? It seems loose with no resistance like it is to put the pump in gear or anything so I dont know what its purpose is, or if it is what is causing my Blade lifting trouble. Like I said I am new at this posting, so if I have done something wrong I appologize, its the only way I knew how to ask a question. Thank you for your time.