Hello, wondering if anyone has experience with these attachments. I have a mile of hawthorn and other brush encroaching onto my subdivision road. Too much to trim manually so I'm looking at one of these attachments (basically a small brush hog on an arm that allows tilt and lateral swing to maneuver as required). I see the regular attachment outlets listing them at between $10k - $15k. But there are off-brand units on sale on the online and Ritchie auctions for around $4k. Obviously I'd prefer to pay $4k but I'm wondering what problems I might have as a result. I won't be using the thing much -- probably only a few days every year. On the other hand, I don't really have the spare time to be tinkering and welding on a cheaply made attachment. Hope that makes sense and thanks for your thoughts.
Couldn't post the link? Brand? Model?
I thought posting links to auction sales wasn't encouraged, but here you are: Cheap: https://www.ebay.com/itm/234898996989 Expensive: https://www.ebay.com/itm/265793093947 An online search for "articulating brush cutter" will bring up others.
Why not hire a guy for 1 day every 2 years for a complete job done and gone with mulcher on 12000 lbs excavator. No cash up front, nothing to maintain. A good operator can do alot in 8 hours. Just a fact that you get what you pay for. The best equipment with a good operator will leave you with job well done feeling, not I bought a piece of junk I can not even resell. Simon C
Unfortunately it's pretty much impossible to get contractors to come out to do jobs smaller than digging a house foundation around here. That's why I own my own equipment. Renting the attachment might be an option, but so far I haven't found a local dealer that has one.
Unfortunately it's pretty much impossible to get contractors to come out to do jobs smaller than digging a house foundation around here. That's why I own my own equipment. Renting the attachment might be an option, but so far I haven't found a local dealer that has one. David Boreham , Today at 5:03 AM Repor t Understand where you live. I am just North of you and sold a skidder to a contractor from Missoula in Dec. 2021. The price was right from here with your American dollar. I guess it has to be worth it to buy equipment that you use only a few times. Then sometimes once you own it, people start calling. I once bought a cheap grapple for my skid steer, Spent as many hours fixing as using it. Now I by top brands if I can in the off-season. The swing boom unit could prove usefull if it is built with good components, that can be bought later. Always remember that even new stuff breaks down. Keep that in the back of your mind. Just a few things to consider. Simon C